“Sunday Carvery” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Heysham, United Kingdom
“Sunday Carvery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

my wife and i decided to have a run out and we stopped at the Crooklands Hotel for our Sunday Lunch . The hotel was full and the restaurant was also very busy when we enquired about having a carvery lunch we were told that there were no tables available but we could have a carvery lunch if we wanted to eat in the bar or restuarant We opted for the bar area..The carvery was well presented and excellent value for money i would like to thank all the staff for going that little bit extra to make sure we had a very pleasant experience .We will certainly call again but this time we will Book

Room Tip: Advised to book for meals at the W/End as very busy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“Didn't stay in the hotel.. only ate here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I didn't stay overnight here, but I came here with my brother, sister-in-law, two nieces and my partner for their Sunday carvery.

It was very well priced, and very good food too. There was four meats to select from and I opted for a bit of each and the carver was more than generous with the portions.

The staff were friendly and made sure my nieces were well looked after - with free ice cream for dessert too!

The drinks were very pricey though.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Restaurant Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Ate here for the first time at weekend as it was walking distance from our site.

Service was very good and the food was also of a decent quality - in fact my Husband declared it was the best mixed grill he'd ever had.

BUT ... My gripe is with the place itself. It's quite strange. It's a mixture of odd rooms. A small bar area (which isn't very inviting - more like a waiting room) and 2 restaurant sections - one at the front and one at the rear.

We ate in the latter, which I suppose you could call an atrium ? Lighting is very .. erm bright and the decor is contempary and 80's inspired. It seems to be located next to Reception too which means it's a thoroughfare and wedding guests from the hotel ambled past the table all night on the way to their rooms.

I think this atrium dining area would be better suited to a group party rather than individual dining tables. They were that close together I actually felt like I was intruding on the next couple.

The bar area could also have been quite cosy if the fire had been lit and there were stools at the bar maybe. We would have stuck around for another drink had it been more inviting.

Good food and lovely service, but at the prices charged they really need to improve the surroundings and dining experience.

Kendal, United Kingdom
“Best Local Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Since moving to the area at the start of this year we have become firm locals at the Crooklands, the beers are well kept and the food is absolutely FAB. We always find the staff helpfull and friendly, it's the best local I have ever had

Kendal, United Kingdom
“what a spread!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

It is many years since I visited this hotel (too many to remember!!) at the time it was run down and shabby, but wow what a difference now!! I attended recently for a meal and the staff couldn't do enough, the food was freshly prepared and plenty of it. The decor was fabulous, with matching tones throughout. All in all a fantastic improvement!! you should try it soon!!!

Room Tip: did not use a room on this occasion