“very good family restaraunt” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Fort William, Scotland, United Kingdom
“very good family restaraunt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

me and my wife and our 2 young children were recommended this place and it was A1 from start to finish , good food , free wifi , childrens play area and snakes and ladders/draughts tables and cards and stuff from the bar , we had a few drinks while the children played and our meal was served fast and was of the highest quality , very attentive staff , we were made to feel very welcome , we will definately be back.. the atmosphere was busy , friendly and everyone seemed happy , if i had to find fault it would only be that bar service was a little slow but perhaps they were short staffed...

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Loughborough
“What a shambles”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We are new to the area and Romneys was recommended to us so we decided to take some visiting friends there on Saturday night. It was a farce from beginning to end. There was no record of our booking but we were told they could find us a table. We were put round the corner where we were clearly out of sight and out of mind. After a 35 minute wait for service we managed to get someone's attention to order. The jug of water arrived quickly but after another 10 minutes or so we had to remind someone that we were waiting for a bottle of wine. Starters arrived and were good, but then we waited and waited for the mains. Mine was burnt and had to be sent back. The couple on the table adjacent to ours had exactly the same problems. They had to ask to be served and waited a very long time for their food. We don't mind waiting for food that's freshly cooked. However, feeling neglected and forgotten by the waiting staff is not acceptable. The waitress, Sara, who ended up looking after us did a very good job under difficult circumstances, but told us that we weren't her area. She was quite upset at the poor service we'd received and did her best to improve our experience. When we asked whose area it was we were told that it was the Andy's - the duty manager! This was the same person we flagged down to take our initial order and was then never seen again. My husband spoke to Andy on our way out to explain that we'd had a very disappointing experience, but we're not convinced that our complaint was taken seriously.
I don't think we'll be visiting again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Romneys, Manager at Romneys, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your feed back and I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your experience firstly please let me ensure you that the conversation your husband had with me was taken very seriously as is all feedback from all our customers. Upon your arrival you were seated after we recognised your booking had been misplaced. Your drinks order was taken along with your food order for starters and main courses. The water was delivered followed by the wine. At the time of ordering on a busy Saturday evening all our guests are advised that our food is freshly prepared and may incur a delay at busy times. The steak pie that was returned was replaced within minutes with the apologies from the kitchen and this item was removed from your bill as a gesture of good will. Other guests in your part of the restaurant all complemented the service and quality of the food. Through out the evening I served your table on a number of occasions including delivering your starters and your main courses to ensure that the specific dietary requirements were met from the kitchen.

Once again apologies from myself and my staff.

I would like to encourage you to come and see us again sometime soon for what I'm sure will be a better experience.

Please feel free to call me to book in your next visit.

Regards
Lake District
“Great local”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Romney's is my local and has transformed the tired old pub that was the Kendal Arms. It offers vibrant surroundings that blend the traditional with a modern twist and service is always prompt and very friendly. I don't eat there often, but when I have done it's been very good. Especially given that the prices are so reasonable! The comment about awful beer amazes me. I suspect it was a lager drinker as evidenced by the alleged switch to diet coke! Does any serious ale drinker out there touch diet coke?! If I'm honest, I think that review is a bit dodgy and I'm surprised it hasn't been taken off. Romney's is a great pub offering great pub food at good prices. The wine menu is excellent and again, very well priced. It deserves its obvious success and I for one am delighted with what they are doing.

Kendal, United Kingdom
“Great food, wonderful atmosphere and helpful staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My family and I were so well looked after and had a really lovely meal. We staff were so friendly, we will definitely be back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kendal
“Diabolical”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Food cold service diabolical, waited 45 mins between courses to clear plates,. Worst beer in Kendal 3 flat pints,changed to diet coke and that was flat, nobody seemed to care or know what they were doing,

Visited October 2013