“Chinese food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Chinese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Restaurant clean, service and food very good. We always eat here when we are in Kendal. Easy to park outside the restaurant. Also takeaway service is excellent. Would recommend both to others.

Visited September 2013

Kendal, United Kingdom
“It is what it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We use the takeaway occasionally, reluctantly in my case as I prefer Indian food, and I always have the same meal which has varied over the years due to several changes in ownership. They have plied us with free prawn crackers, to no avail as I grew out of the Chinese food experience when I was a lot younger, but I confess the food has always been eddible. I cannot judge it against other Chinese Takeouts as I have not tried the others, hence my review title.

Visited July 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Terrible in every way!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I have visited the River Fortune on many occasions over the past couple of years and have had some good meals there. However, an apparent change of management (and presumably chef) have left standards wanting. The food on this latest occasion was awful. Tough, chewy chicken was compounded by a tasteless, lukewarm sauce. Even the prawn crackers were like cardboard and the vanilla ice cream, served afterwards, was unpleasant in taste and texture. Such a shame, but I certainly could not recommend this restaurant to others.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have visited this restaurant on many occasions, the food is tasty, well presented and service is very quick. Good value for money, staff are pleasant. The room is often quite cold and I have eaten in my coat on more than one occassion.

Visited September 2012
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Lovely Chinese food, very tasty, very good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here with my hubby, food perfect atmosphere good, and reasonably priced. Definitely recommend.

• Visited June 2013