“Fantastic weekend stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Kendal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Fantastic weekend stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed for a weekend break ..hotel is lovley and the hotel facilities are fab.free use of the leisure facilities. .The rooms are very clean and plenty of space very comfy beds .Hotel breakfast was well worth the vist and a very warm welcoming from the staff..will be booking again..credit to all the team at Best Western Green Kendal

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Many thanks for your review.

It really is a team effort in delivering such an experience and as such we share guest feedback with all departments within the hotel.

Ben Mayou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Just spent the night at Castle Green, just love the place the rooms are spotless and warm, the beds are very very comfortable, lots of sockets with phone chargers hot brush etc it's a must for me the lighting is spot on, no poor lighting for putting my make up on. We were at the back of the hotel didn't realise it had so many rooms as it always gives the impression of small and friendly that is down to the staff all very friendly nothing is a bother to any of them. The legendary breakfast was top notch as per usual. So looking forward to my next bust.
Tip: the taxi reception booked for us did not arrive after a 40 min wait and several phone calls, reception called Grab a Cab it was there in minutes.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Our apologies for the problem with your taxi on this occasion. The companies we use are normally very reliable.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stopped off here for dinner tonight. I had not booked and the hotel was very busy, however I was readily accommodated and enjoyed a first class meal. Haddock goujons were crisp and tasty and accompanied by some perfectly cooked "fat" chips. This was followed by some outstanding ginger bread and butter pudding, which was, as the late Michael Winner would have said, "Historic!".

The young staff could not have been more helpful and were unfailingly cheerful and efficient.

I live in Kendal for part of each week. This hotel has a well deserved reputation locally and it just gets better and better!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
High praise indeed from a Trip Advisor ‘Top Contributor’ with 536 reviews to their name!!!

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Alsager Cheshre
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here between Xmas and new year .. Very impressed with this hotel .. Best Western group should be proud of this hotel and it's staff who were polite and welcoming .. They were very helpful and went the extra mile . Well done to you !!! Would recommend this hotel and will definitely return when in the lakes again . Thank you very much.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your very kind words.

We are very proud to currently be ranked 10th out of the 280 Best Western hotels in the UK. What makes this even more special is that its based upon the reviews of guest who have stayed with us during the last year.

Make sure you check out our new and improved mobile and tablet adaptive online booking facility via the hotel website. You can check real time availability and prices and also be guaranteed the most competitive rates by booking online!! In addition you will receive our loyalty card which gives 10% off food.

We hope to see you again soon

Expat Brit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Really friendly staff - this is northern hospitality at its best. As we were staying at the end of December, I rang to ask if warm dressing gowns were provided and was told that they would put them into our room at no extra charge. The hairdryer was strong enough to be useful and a defuser attachment was included.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

If you are looking for a little luxury why not upgrade to one of our recently refurbished Balcony rooms with views over the gardens and Kendal. You also get an enhanced hospitality tray with filter coffee and hot chocolate, mineral water, luxury toiletries, robes and slippers. All this for just £30!

warwickshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I stopped here for two nights after Christmas, and had a very positive experience from beginning to end.
First of all I telephoned directly to see what availability they had, I spoke to a very helpful member of staff who listened to my requirements and as such tailored the room for me.

On arriving and through out our stay I found every member of staff helpful, polite and courteous. In fact as soon as I got out of my car a young chef who was nearby offered to carry my suitcase up some steps for me. Check in easy with out any problem.

The room was large with a fabulous kingsize bed, (never saw my husband all night! ) bathroom spotlessly clean, in short , everything I had hoped and asked for.

On the Saturday night was a wedding reception, but I never heard any noise from this all night.

We did not 'dine in' the restaurant as we had already made dining arrangements with my son, but it was very popular.

Breakfast was a buffet affair, not some thing I usually enjoy, however a chef was present at the counter to help you with any requests, which he did gladly.

In all I am amazed by some of the negative comments left on this site, as I found the whole stay to be perfect, certainly no rude, indolent, staff as some one had written.

I myself do have high standards, and I am not called 'Mrs Bucket' for nothing!!, so do not be put off this establishment, we found it to be everything it said on the tin, with fabulous staff.

Enjoy your stay

Room Tip: views at the front of the hotel are fabulous, not so good from the back