“First rate service in Kendal” 5 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN PLUS Castle Green Hotel In Kendal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Castle Green Lane, Kendal LA9 6RG, England   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Kendal
Expat Brit
“First rate service in Kendal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Really friendly staff - this is northern hospitality at its best. As we were staying at the end of December, I rang to ask if warm dressing gowns were provided and was told that they would put them into our room at no extra charge. The hairdryer was strong enough to be useful and a defuser attachment was included.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Ben M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
If you are looking for a little luxury why not upgrade to one of our recently refurbished Balcony rooms with views over the gardens and Kendal. You also get an enhanced hospitality tray with filter coffee and hot chocolate, mineral water, luxury toiletries, robes and slippers. All this for just £30!

Ben Mayou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
warwickshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I stopped here for two nights after Christmas, and had a very positive experience from beginning to end.
First of all I telephoned directly to see what availability they had, I spoke to a very helpful member of staff who listened to my requirements and as such tailored the room for me.

On arriving and through out our stay I found every member of staff helpful, polite and courteous. In fact as soon as I got out of my car a young chef who was nearby offered to carry my suitcase up some steps for me. Check in easy with out any problem.

The room was large with a fabulous kingsize bed, (never saw my husband all night! ) bathroom spotlessly clean, in short , everything I had hoped and asked for.

On the Saturday night was a wedding reception, but I never heard any noise from this all night.

We did not 'dine in' the restaurant as we had already made dining arrangements with my son, but it was very popular.

Breakfast was a buffet affair, not some thing I usually enjoy, however a chef was present at the counter to help you with any requests, which he did gladly.

In all I am amazed by some of the negative comments left on this site, as I found the whole stay to be perfect, certainly no rude, indolent, staff as some one had written.

I myself do have high standards, and I am not called 'Mrs Bucket' for nothing!!, so do not be put off this establishment, we found it to be everything it said on the tin, with fabulous staff.

Enjoy your stay

Room Tip: views at the front of the hotel are fabulous, not so good from the back
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your very positive review. Its great to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your time with us.

We are very proud to be ranked No1 hotel in Kendal on Trip Advisor with 88% of guest rating us as ‘Very Good or Excellent’ This does not happen my accident and is testament to the hard work and commitment from all the team at Castle Green.

If you are thinking of visiting the Lakes why not give us a try for yourself?!!

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

What an amazing experience New Year was at Castle Green from the moment arriving and until leaving you felt completely chilled. First class experience from well motivated team at times it felt like being on a cruise but what impressed us the most was the fine detail in the rooms and during the celebration even down to hang over therapies with breakfast. Again another hotel in Cumbria providing fantastic customer care WELL DONE

Room Tip: Quiet rooms on second floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
We really enjoy looking after our 'New Year' guests and the feedback has been fantastic.

We actually had 35 rooms book for next New Years Eve when checking out on the 1st January. The remaining rooms will go very quickly, so if you are looking at what to do for 2014 then get yourself booked in to the Castle Green. Further details can be found on our website…….

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is a great hotel to stay at. The staff are warm and welcoming, the rooms are great. The food in the restaurant for me, is the hidden gem. The food was excellent. We stayed with some friends, it would be a good hotel for families too. Its located about a 5min drive from the town centre, where there are some good places to eat and drink. The only slight negative for me, was the food at Alexanders pub didn't come close to the quality of the food in the main hotel. Great place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your stay. We have a very talented team of chefs who produce the 2AA Rosette standard food in the Greenhouse Restaurant. The food offering in Alexanders is more traditional pub fayre but should still be of a high standard, sincere apologies if this was not your experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

For the third year running we stayed at Castle Green for Christmas. The staff certainly know how to make this a special time for their guests. We were swiftly checked in and shown to our room which was spacious and spotless with crisp white bed linen, good lighting and a roomy modern bathroom with ample toiletries.

Christmas Dinner was efficiently served and well presented. It was a treat to be served food which was obviously of high quality and locally sourced. The breakfast was a delight with so much choice. I had forgotten scrambled eggs and bacon could taste so good.

I hope we can visit the Hotel in Summer as I think it would make an excellent base when visiting the Carus Green Golf Club in Kendal.

Room Tip: Rooms on front of hotel have a nice view of gardens and Kendal town.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your review. I am pleased to report that we are in the process of changing our bed linen to Egyptian cotton to further enhance our four star offering.

We have some fantastic golf courses in the local area so Castle Green makes a fantastic base for a golfing break in the Lakes

Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Took my wife here for our 15th wedding anniversary last night. Everything about this hotel is perfect. The staff are very friendly, polite and professional. Our room was immaculate with the biggest double bed I have ever seen and the most comfortable mattress. A decent size wall mounted tv, tea and coffee, iron and ironing board and plenty wardrobe space. The bathroom was good with a bath (you need to request) and over bath shower. Plenty of piping hot water.
We stayed half board which was £120, worth every penny. We stayed in room 255 at the back of the hotel although no view (we only live down the road so we see Kendal every day) it was nice and quiet. We ate in the hotel restaurant rather than the hotel pub (Alexanders). The food was amazing, the best dining experience I have had for a long time. Breakfast was tasty too, with a full range on offer from fruit to cereal to full English. Just like to say thankyou to all the staff for making our anniversary special and even though we only live 500 yards away will be staying again. I will recommend this hhotel ad firet choice to anyone wanting ti stay in Kendal. SUPERB!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your 15th Wedding anniversary. Who needs to travel any further when you have such quality on your doorstep!!!

Ben Mayou

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Castle Green Hotel In Kendal? Share your experiences!