“Annual Garlic Chilli Chicken hit!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of mumbai indian restaurant

mumbai indian restaurant
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Murchison
“Annual Garlic Chilli Chicken hit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Living overseas I return annually to see friends and family. I always look forward to coming to Kendal for my Indian food 'fix' - garlic chilli chicken with a side of bindi bhaji and a naan.
I have had this for 13 years now - and is always as good as I remember.
Shame they only do lassi in a jug (I don't need that much!) but you may not need it anyway if you resist the temptation to 'try' the big red chilli in the dish!
Last Saturday, we didn't have a booking but were accommodating when we wanted a fifth person set for.
I have always found the service fine - and recommend eating here.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Darlington, United Kingdom
“Very Upset and Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was there on a sunday night with friends and kids. It was disappointing right from the beginning, no waiting area on the premises. We have to wait on the street in cold. We then went in after 20 mins wait we were seated on a table and then were asked to change the table. No high chairs for the kids, the food was ok but the staff wasn't gud at all. We had to call them for giving our order and once the food was served no one came after that, if we require anything else or if every thing was ok. I'll not going at this place in future.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Indian Treat!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Yet another great meal with friends, standard of food always of good quality at an affordable price. However on this occasion there was a perceived desire to rush us over our meal i.e. we hadn't sat down two minutes before we were asked if we were ready to order! Let alone taking any drinks order first. Yet! despite this hiccup, we shall return.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
England
“A nice suprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

we stumbled upon this via Trip Advisor and were pleasantly surprised by the meal. food was very good and service was polite and friendly. we even got a free bottle of Stella Artois thrown in which at first concerned me about the quality of the food but fear not my friends the meal was lovely and hot so a big thumbs up from me and the wife 10/10 :-)

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield
“Nice food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Had a very pleasant indian meal at this restaurant, with genuinely friendly service. Would definitely recommend and definitely eat there again.

Visited May 2013