“Poor Service” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Poor Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We arrived here at 6.30pm we booked a table, the place was not busy at this time, our drinks order was taken but still 15 minutes later no drinks when the waitress came to take our food order I had to ask her for our drinks that had been ordered, 10 mins later our drinks arrived, there was only 3 of us, the main was well presented we had the lamb it was good, we asked for a sweet menu we ordered Sticky toffee pudding with Cream, it came with Ice Cream !!!!! I asked for it to be changed it came back with a jug of Cream and but you could see where the Ice Cream had been scraped off the pudding so it was cold in places, for £88 for three meals and drinks with two liquor coffee's that tasted very weak I would say very overpriced for the poor service we got, more staff are needed there was only 3 staff and it was getting busy glad I did not book it for later in the evening. Will give this place a miss.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nicola H, General Manager at Strickland Arms, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review the Strickland arms, if you would like to email me on thestricklandarms@yahoo.co.uk I would like to discuss your visit further.

Many thanks,
Nicola

Pontypridd
“Stumbled across but was very happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Great resteraunt, stumbled into place after getting off motorway on way to Scotland. Good food, good service. Very happy

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nicola H, General Manager at Strickland Arms, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review the Strickland arms, and I am please that you found it a good stop once coming off the motorway. We hope you will visit us again if you are ever around this area.

Many thanks,

Nicola
Decorah, Iowa
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Our B & B host reserved a table for us here and we had high expectations. We found however, the service to be terrible (over an hour to get our food) and the drinks didn't come until ten minutes after our order was taken. I wanted to order the "Trio of cumberland sausages" that was listed on the dinner menu but was told that it was unavailable but a worthy substitute would be "3%$$^&*&^%^" reported by our waiter in an unintelligible Scottish accent. What came was a huge bowl of "chips" and three burgers, assumedly different types of ground sausage, served on three buns atop a lettuce leaf. Egads! My wife ordered some barely dish - filling but uninteresting. The local lager was good, but otherwise - don't waste your time unless you're just there for a pint or two.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Many thanks for taking the to write a review for the Strickland arms. Please accept my apologises that you felt that you we're let down by both the food and service that you received. Although I do find you comment on one of team members a little bit alarming surely asking for him to repeat himself would have been the best thing to do rather than just order something you didn't know was coming.
In regards to items being out of stock we are currently in the process of making our menu fit for summer so some of our heavier dishes are being replaced with salads and lighter ones.

We really do hope that do visit us again and thank you again for your review.
“Could (should) do better !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Ate here with family and was disappointed with the food, but particularly the service.
I like to feel valued as a customer, not a nuisance to be tolerated.
Nice building and patio area, but spoilt by the most uncomfortable chairs I've ever sat on !
Disappointing.

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review for the Strickland arms, please accept my apologises that you felt both the food and service could have been better. We really do pride ourselves on putting our customers first and going that extra mile for each and everyone on of them, unfortunately it sounds like this wasn't the case when you visited us. We do hold regular team meetings and training and I would like to apologise on behalf of all the staff.

We really do hope that you do visit us again so we can show you what we can do.

Many thanks
Bowness-on-Windermere, United Kingdom
“Customer service rubbish”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We booked this pub/restaurant for my wife's birthday arrived five minutes early , went to the bar ordered a drink tried to put it on our table but we're told we have not allocated you a table yet , alarms bells should have warned what was to come , we went outside drank are our drink came back in and we were shown to a room upstairs , we sat in this room completely on our own no atmosphere at all disappointing start ,we then sat for another 25 minutes nobody came to take our order I went down stairs to complain then we still waited another ten minutes for some one to come ,when the manageress came I complained about the situation the apology was very half hearted and told us it was busy ,my answer to that is get more staff ! There we're several spare tables down stairs with reserved on them ,we were told they were for people who could not get up the stairs which was rubbish just excuses , her manner was rude and customer skills nil.
She took our order but no drinks order, it was another wait for a drinks order to be taken , eventually a drinks order was taken we then waited another 20minutes no drinks came , by now. we were very fed up with this pathetic excuse for pub/restaurant we left , iam 56 years Old and have never walked out of any establishment , this place was terrible , we went to plough at Lupton what a different experience , it was clean,efficient ,staff could not do enough for you ,
The Strickland arms was dirty our table was sticky with beer residue the staff were useless , I can not comment on the food we never even got that far , thanks to the plough our evening was saved
Would I recommend this place defiantly not , it trades on an old reputation when a very good restaurant manager was in charge , I can just here managers response now but iam afraid very few truths I would imagine

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere