“great food, great service with nice atmosphere.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 111 Restaurants in Kendal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Thai, Vegetarian
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients, Families with children, Doing business, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Jintana Thai Restaurant is located on Highgate in the centre of the Historic Town of Kendal, Just 70 yards from the Brewery Arts Centre. Open since 2010, the restaurant offers diners a relaxed, friendly environment in which to enjoy our freshly prepared authentic Thai Cuisine. Decorated with imported Thai furniture, artwork and statues, our dining area provides the perfect setting to enjoy our wide selection of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, each of which is freshly prepared to order by our team of experienced Thai chefs. Our fully licensed bar offers an extensive range of World and Asian Beers and Wines, as well as some specially mixed Asian Cocktails. Jintana Thai Restaurant is perfect for couples, and also for families and large parties, with its cosy and intimate surroundings everyone is welcome. As soon as you step inside, you are greeted with a warm welcome by our staff dressed in traditional Thai costumes. The restaurant and bar are available for hire to host private functions and receptions which can be tailored to your needs. Please contact us with your requirements.
Kendal, United Kingdom
“great food, great service with nice atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I went for a meal there on saturday 1st december with my partner, as i love spicy food i had a thai chicken jungle curry and it certainly had a kick. My partner had chicken with veg in garlic sauce, plenty of garlic just how he likes it and we shared a rice. The wine by the glass is lovely especially the thai red, i had the house medium white which was nice as i usually find restaurant wine can be awful. We had a banana spring roll dessert with coconut ice cream and fresh fruits mmm, i think that says it all, then we finished the meal with a calypso coffee, all in all it was a lovely meal with great service at a decent price.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Appleby, Cumbria
“Disappointingly bland”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I went with high hopes in view of other reviews,but found myself disappointed.

On the positive side, service was friendly and efficient, the ingredients were fresh and the food was freshly cooked.

The problem is that the food just wasn't anywhere near as exciting or flavourful as I was expecting.

I ordered the Tung Tong minced chicken balls for starters. these were served in crispy wonton batter, we're well presented and had evidently just that minute left the fryer. But they had very little flavour.They just seemed to be minced chicken. I didn't taste much seasoning,herbs or spices at all. The generic supermarket sweet chilli dipping sauce did it no favours.

The gang mussaman gae main course was interesting, and not in a good way. I've had this at other Thai restaurants and it usually comes as melt-in the mouth tender meat in a very thick, rich and aromatic sauce. However, the meal I was served was slightly tough lamb with par-fried rough chopped veg in an insipid gravy. If I'd have been served it as a cheap Chinese Take-away curry, I'd have been disappointed.

Judging by the majority of reviews, it seems my experience was not typical,and maybe I need my expectations resetting. However, the bottom line is that I paid £25 for two courses and a couple of drinks, and really didn't enjoy it.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We really enjoyed our meal here whilst visiting the mountain festival, it was a good price for what we ate and the food was good

Visited November 2012
Kendal, Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Absolutely excellent! !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Ate hear and it simply could not have been better. beautiful food, warm and friendly staff and lovely environment. First class!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely place, food and people.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

They were able to fit us in at short notice, we received excellent service and the food was lovely. We would definitely eat there again.

• Visited November 2012