“Comfortable and homely” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bridge House B&B

Bridge House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kendal
Bridge House B&B
You added Bridge House B&B to your Saves list
Castle Street, Kendal FK14 7DE, England   |
Ranked #13 of 42 Kendal B&B and Inns
Cupar, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and homely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Warmly welcomed, and though I hadn't stayed in a B&B that was merged with the family home (usually its kept fairly separate) I didn't find myself feeling like an interloper at all. Room and en suite were comfortable and clean and although my room window faced on to the train tracks I didn't really find myself disturbed at all during the night. When I first arrived I had the chance to look round the town before dark and I was given a map with some good tips of where to go, how to get there and what might be nice to see.
Breakfast was lovely, great choice and met some really nice other guests.
Sheila was really nice about showing me how to drive through Kendal and I found my way with no problems.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed for 1 night on our way back from Edinburgh to Oxford as it was our Wedding Anniversary. We received a warm welcome from Sheila & Alan. We stayed in a comfortable clean room and in the morning received a lovely home cooked breakfast including freshly baked bread. Overall an excellent place to stay and would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed November 2011
Horncastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I was made very welcome on my arrival by Sheila and after a good nights sleep - trains were not a problem as they didn't run all night, I was treated to a fine breakfast selection including homemade bread. The room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. If I needed any help or instructions, all I had to do was ask Sheila. Thankyou very much for a lovely stay!
David Taylor

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Nelson, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

We had 3 nights staying at the Bridge House with wonderful hosts Sheila &Alan. We had their daughters bedroom which was very tidy and comfortable,the water and Kendal mint Cake was a pleasent surprise.The trains were no trouble as they did not run through the night. Sheila greeted us each morning with a delightful breakfast and homemade bread.Our visit to the UK was for 38 days mostly staying in B&Bs and would highly recomend staying here. Thank you Sheila & Alan -Robert & Sheryl (New Zealand)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Keswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Stayed here for one night mid week. Beautiful bedroom with lovely view of the railway. No trains run at night so had a great nights sleep. Breakfast was delicious-freshly made bread was fantastic. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask to see the garden!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We wearily arrived at Bridge House having completed 3 days of the Dales Way. Shelia greeted us with tea and home made flapjacks (superb). One of our party had injured his foot so Alan set about treating, and repairing the affected ankle. The house itself is beautiful - a wonderful example of late Georgian early Victorian architecture situated just outside Kendal town centre. (5 mins walk) Rooms are spotless as is the whole house. Shelia even offered and washed our mud caked walking clothes!

Our host recommended and booked a terrfic little French (ish) restaurant / bistro - Deja Vous in the town centre. Excellent food and superb value for money. Breakfast is fantastic - great freshly baked bread with home made jams. In the morning we were dropped back onto the Dales Way with foil wrapped flapjacks for the day ahead.

I've stayed in possibly hundreds of B&B's / hostels around UK & the world over the years and in terms of hospitality this is the best. I'd have no hesitation recommending this B&B to anyone I know. Shelia & Alan thank you both very much - and we did manage to finish the Dales Way - thank you John , Phil & Karl

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Clean and comfortable bedroom (with tea/coffee making facility), welcoming and very helpful owner, delicious breakfasts prepared to order, central location (and convenient for the railway station). There's also a guest lounge and a lovely secluded garden. Very reasonably priced too. Heartily recommended.
Philip, W. Sussex

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Bridge House B&B? Share your experiences!