As other reviewers have said, this place is a fabulous find. Right in the centre of the gorgeous village of Hawkshead, the Old School House is welcoming and comfortable, and Sarah and David couldn't have made us feel more at home. Tea and scones on arrival was a lovely treat, and pre-dinner port in the cosy living room was a definite bonus. Everything we could have needed was provided, and the owners were helpful and accommodating. Would highly recommend.
- Also Known As:
- The Old School House Hotel Hawkshead
- The Old School House Hotel
- The Old School House Hawkshead, Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic property within 2 minutes walk of the centre of Hawkshead. The house was the former home of Wordsworth's head master and retains many original features. The back of the house dates from the Tudor period. Come and stay in this historic house which has been lovinngly renovated to ensure our guests have all the comforts of the 21st century.Beautiful garden, parking, a secure garage for cycles, free wi-fi. Complimentary afternoon tea and cake. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less