This quaint b&b is clean & tidy with lovely homely touches. We were given a warm welcome of tea & scones and shown our rooms (with comfy beds). The lounge and dining areas are beautiful and roomy- home away from home. Breakfast was nicely cooked and there was plenty to choose from. We will definitely be staying again if we are in that neck of the woods. Thank you for a lovely stay!
- Also Known As:
- The Old School House Hotel Hawkshead
- The Old School House Hotel
- The Old School House Hawkshead, Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic property within 2 minutes walk of the centre of Hawkshead. The house was the former home of Wordsworth's head master and retains many original features. The back of the house dates from the Tudor period. Come and stay in this historic house which has been lovinngly renovated to ensure our guests have all the comforts of the 21st century.Beautiful garden, parking, a secure garage for cycles, free wi-fi. Complimentary afternoon tea and cake. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less