“First Class Service” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Crediton, United Kingdom
“First Class Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

What a fantastic hotel. If you ever want to stay in a class hotel with lovely friendly staff and where the food is just divine, then look no further. They have a restaurant called Tweedies Bar where you can have a first class evening meal. It is very popular as everyone wants the quality, well priced meals, so book early. The staff can never do enough and have a great sense of humor, always cheerful. The added bonus is for advice on the walks. We intended to stay for three nights and are remaining for five. The rooms are comfortable, clean and well maintained with tea, coffee and biscuits and mint chocolates. Downside: NONE We will be back and bringing our friends.

Room Tip: Pre book as they have deals, but we just turned up. We had room 14. This is not the biggest but wa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Gillian Roberts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Over priced mediocrity. £260 for b &b.c. I spent an age deciding where to come for a special weekend only to be disappointed from the onset. Great location, miserable staff.
Tweedys bar is awesome and without it this review be far worse. Great pub, great atmosphere.
but Deluxe room my backside. Don't be conned. I have been to better b and b's on stag nights in blackpool. So if you want to pay champagne money for flat lemonade, then come to the Dale hotel at Grasmere.

• Stayed April 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review- I read all the reviews and try where possible to use guests opinions to improve the customer experience for future guests.
I would like to note that £260 is for a 2 night weekend stay- in a standard room. Had you been in a deluxe room the cost of your weekend would have been higher.
I apologise that the room wasn't to your liking. I'm sorry you found the staff to be miserable I am puzzled as we pride ourselves in our customer service.

Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We were staying in Grasmere and looked for an alternative place to our hotel for a meal. Most places around were too similar to our hotel. Tried to book in Tweedies as they were the only place in Grasmere with real ale, but they were full. They suggested we come here as the menu is the same. It was relatively quiet, with just three other families in. Service was excellent and the food was good. I enjoyed a steak& kidney pudding which was lovely and tasty and filling. Wine was a tad expensive, but then you could also have the same real ale as in Tweedies which was reasonably priced and there's a wide choice. We only had a starter and main as that filled us. A good night.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
cheshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The location of the hotel is excellent, we thoroughly enjoyed the village and all the surrounding beauty. However, we found the room to be terrible. Peeling paintwork, and overlooking a roof with barely any natural light.. It was fine after spending the day walking when all you care about is having a snooze, but I would have been extremely upset had I been planning a relaxing hotel break. It was a shame- it felt exactly like a bed sit when in the room. The staff were what I would describe as 'inflexible' and were really quite rude at times. The positives were the lovely sitting room with a log burner, and the location. I wouldn't return.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry your room wasn't to your expectation. I have now inspected the room whilst we try our very best to do running repairs and maintenance throughout the year at very busy times it is not always possible to access the rooms but I have taken your comments on board and are endeavouring to bring the room up to speed. I am sorry you thought the staff were inflexible however I don't understand in what respect. We continue to monitor our staff training and it is always good to have comments to work upon.

Formby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

great place food second to none service is very very good tweedies bar very busy if you like real ale not to be missed staff are very welcoming and attentive and i say again food is great dont miss it

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dunswell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We have a had a great couple of days in Grasmere . As regular lakes visitors for walking its out favourite part of the country and never fails to please . Grasmere is a bit more tourist focused but still great .We ate in Tweedies which was nice but spoilt by the horrible guitar suicide folk music on a loop over and over again .

Dale Lodge was a nice hotel , though if brutally honest more bed and breakfast than hotel in a true sense . We had a standard room and it was a bit on the small side - but decorated really well with a good bathroom apart from my pet hate ( being only 5ft1inch tall ) - a fixed shower head , which bounced the water over my head completely.
I booked the hotel as I had not read the web site properly as thought it had on site spa and pool facilities - but despite this being on the home page of the web site - its actually another hotel ( which it does say) - just me not checking . So my vision of a cold day on the fells and a sauna were not to be - but hey ho !
But over all a small peave in what was a nice visit .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Really excellent, reception very warm and rooms really lovely with lots of towels, toiletries, tea etc. Disabled room for Mother was perfect and all staff were very friendly and interested in us.

Very good value, restaurant good, excellent breakfast, best Eggs Benedict ever, hope to come again soon

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Dale Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!