All the reviews and photos just cannot do justice to how wonderful Lancrigg is. It has an atmosphere of calm which takes you over from the moment you arrive. I rarely feel at home in an unknown place but walking into Lancrigg was like walking into a perfect world of friendliness, peace and tranquility. The buildings, the grounds and the stunning situation contribute to this atmosphere, as do the fabulous staff who, without exception, did their utmost to make our stay as carefree and easy as possible. It really didn't feel like a holiday in the traditional sense but more of an unimaginably beautiful stay in a heavenly dream. And if all this wasn't enough, the meals were easily the most divine vegetarian food I have ever tasted in fifteen years of being vegetarian. The menu is inventive, varied, fresh and a real treat for any palate. Leaving after three days was such a wrench, it felt like leaving home. If you like peace, old world charm and a welcoming atmosphere I doubt you will find anywhere to top Lancrigg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lancrigg Organic Vegetarian Country House is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale, 1/2 mile from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musiciansThe Green Valley Organic Restaurant at Lancrigg is open throughout the day for coffees and meals. The food is imaginative and freshly prepared from 100% organic ingredients ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your Lancrigg Vegetarian Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere