“Refreshing Coffee Break” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 58 Restaurants in Cockermouth
Cuisines: Café
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout
Description: Great Coffee, Great Food, Great PlaceMissionWhether you want a relaxed eat-in or quick take-out, our vision is to provide a coffee haven not just for Cockermouth locals but for visitors alike and every disenchanted coffee lover desperate for an excellent coffee in this wonderful corner of the Lake District.We strive to create a coffee shop that is both chic and comfortable, a welcoming sanctuary for people of all ages whether you want to relax and watch the world go by, meet up with friends or catch up on the news.Come in and taste the best coffee in town and watch our baristas turn your order into a work of art! We not only boast an excellent range of coffee and refreshing teas, we also serve sweet and savoury treats that are freshly prepared on the premises every day for all your eat in or take out needs.
Cumbria UK
“Refreshing Coffee Break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have visited VeeVa ! several times & have always received First Class Customer Service, after visiting today I felt I had to say thank you for a lovely coffee break, great coffee , lovely fruit scone, & always a smile from all the staff. The Manager is always in attendance & thus aware of the Customers needs.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
JennaGilmore, Assistant Manager at VeeVa!, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review. It is always a pleasure to read such a glowing review and to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We are so pleased that it is not only the coffee/food that you enjoy but also our staffs demeanor as that is also something that we pride ourselves on.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“10/10”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have visited VeeVa numerous times since it opened and i have to say I've not had any complaints. There has been a recent extension so there are more tables, it's also nice to sit in the window and watch the world go by as you tuck into a cream scone. If you haven't tried it yet you must try the rocky road cake, best I've had and you get a BIG piece! The staff are friendly and polite, the manager and his team should be proud. Keep up the good work guys.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
JennaGilmore, Assistant Manager at VeeVa!, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It is so pleasing to hear that you have no complaints with anything that we are doing. The rocky road cake is a personal favourite with me too...and in fact the majority of the team (the dangers of working in a coffee house). We regularly mix up our cake selection so make sure you try any of the new items that we have to offer as I have no doubt you'll love those just as much!
Thanks again for taking the time to review us so kindly and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Keswick, United Kingdom
“Spot on !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have visited several times either by myself or along with my wife and our lively 4 year old daughter..the food and drinks have always been spot on,inventive and my kind of flavours and portions...being in the trade myself I appreciate the quality of food the lovely coffee and the polite,cheery and friendly attitude of the staff.
This time I thought I would try a humble sausage and bacon sandwich and even this basic buttie( with the red onion relish) surpassed my expectations...luvly!!!
Keep up the good work :-)

4 livelely

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We love hearing that everything was to your liking as it makes our job so much more worthwhile, especially as you are in the trade yourself. We change our menus on a regular basis so please make sure you keep popping in as we may have many more items to tempt your palette!
Once again, thank you for taking the time to write this - it is greatly appreciated.
Leeds
“Poor service - Poor coffee !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The service was very slow and when the coffee did arrive it was luke warm, when complained the waiter just tutted and walked off.

Visited September 2013
JennaGilmore, Assistant Manager at VeeVa!, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Hi Patsie,
I'm very shocked to read your review as I do not believe that your experience reflects our service at all. We are a very busy coffee shop on a daily basis but it is our strong desire and aim that no customer should have to wait more than five minutes for their drink/food. Our receipts have times written on them and we constantly check to make sure our service isn't slow and if it is we aim to rectify that problem as quick as possible. As for one of our waiters tutting at you when you complained about the coffee - this definitely does not portray any one of the three male staff members who work for us. One is our Manager and he would never treat a customer in that manner and the other two are extremely polite and popular members of the team. Our regulars love them and they are always highly welcoming and helpful at all times. If you highlighted your issue to one of them i am 100% sure that they would have either made you a new hot drink to your liking or gave you a refund.
I am sorry if this was your experience but I do not feel it is an accurate portrayal of our team.
cumbria
“Good little cafe. Very modern & clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went on a Saturday, just after lunchtime and it was surprisingly quiet. Plenty to choose from on the menu, I had cheese on ciabatta toast with red onion marmalade. I was expecting both sides of the ciabatta but only got one so it wasn't a very big portion at all, but it did taste really good. I got a little bottle of soft drink which was a very reasonable price because usually cafes charge you loads for bottled drinks. My boyfriend had a sausage butty which he enjoyed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
JennaGilmore, Assistant Manager at VeeVa!, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review! We are generally packed out on a Saturday so i think you must have caught us in a rare quiet period!
We are sorry that you were expecting the full ciabatta but they are rather large (approximately the size of a shoe) and we have never had anyone say they expected the full piece before - next time you come in we could easily rectify this though and serve you the full portion.
We would like to think that we are reasonably priced in all aspects, especially considering that our bottled drinks are all glass, so we are glad that you feel this too.
We look forward to your next visit - thank you again for the kind review.