“Great service and good value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Hull UK
“Great service and good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner ate here after checking it on trip advisor. I was almost put off by the decline in rating (I had looked up places to eat a month before we came on holiday) but found it to be due to a party of 10 people who each seemed to have given them minimal rating when they didnt even eat here so dont let that bother you!
We ate there on a Thursday night, and despite not having a booking they found us a table. The service was great from the moment we arrived till the moment we left. We ordered a mixed starter for two which was so tasty, and the serving size was MASSIVE. If we had known this we wouldn't have ordered as much for our mains. I had the sweet and sour chicken and my boyfriend had beef in black bean sauce. Both meals were lovely. I would say the pricing is average for a Chinese restaurant but this is great value considering the portion size!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
Nuku'alofa
“Just don't have the duck”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have eaten at Bamboo once before, and had previously really enjoyed the vegetarian green Thai curry the staff made especially for me (although, not as hot as other green Thai curries I have had).

More recently I went back to Bamboo and decided to try the duck & lychee red Thai curry, as I've never had (nor heard of) duck in a Thai style curry. The duck was v.fatty and I left most of the meat as it just didn't go with the Thai red curry sauce. The Thai red curry sauce was nowhere near as hot as I would have liked, there were no vegetarian options in the Thai half of the menu and there was no option for coconut rice or sticky rice (a usual in a Thai restaurant).

On the upside, the service was good, the Thai fishcakes to start were good and friends that opted for Chinese style meals really enjoyed their food.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
cumbria
“Yum Yum Yum - Can I go back now?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been to Bamboo a few times and its always been good. It was mine and my dads birthdays two days apart so I decided to book a family meal here for me, my parents and my boyfriend. I booked a table in advance (this is a must as its always busy). We had duck and spring rolls to share for starters and for main course we got four different meals and rices and just all dived in! All the food was absolutely amazing, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. The bill was reasonable too, it was less than we thought it was going to be! My parents hadn't been before and they are desperate to go back, and so am I!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We visited cockermouth and found this fantastic Chinese restaurant right next to our accomodation. Both the food and the service was very good, my fiance would strongly recommend the chicken wings; THE NICEST HE HAD EVER HAD! The staff were very accomadating and we ended the night with a friendly chat with the female owner/worker who made us feel more than welcome. We will definitely be returning! Thank you for a lovely night bamboo!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“We love Bamboo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My partner and I eat here often both in the restaurant and takeaways. We always choose to celebrate special occasions here with family because of the fantastic service! We have never had a bad experience yet and nothing is too much trouble for staff. The food is excellent, always fresh and cooked how you like it, you just have to ask. We recently celebrated with my sister-in-law and her hubby-to-be the day before they got married and the staff could not have done more to make the night any better! Thank you! It is very popular and therefore is often busy so if you want to eat there at the weekend its always best to book. Bamboo is our number one choice for food in Cockermouth. Keep up the good work!

Visited August 2013