“What a pleasant surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 58 Restaurants in Cockermouth
Cuisines: British
Description: Part of Allerdale Court Hotel but I can't review the hotel only the restaurant which is one of the best in Cockermouth. Any chance of a listing under restaurants for this lovely restaurant?
Fife Scotland
“What a pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Looking for lunch, we went into Carlin's which was empty. Eventually caught the attention of a lady and placed our order for food and drink, explaining that two of our party had food allergies.
The order was taken and we awaited the outcome. What a pleasant surprise we received when the dishes were presented.
Every one commented on the excellent portions, and content together with the presentation of the dishes.
We could easily had missed this as our first impression on arrival was not great. But the team were very welcoming and the food would certainly be worth going back for. First impressions are not always right. I must learn!

Visited July 2014

Leicester
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I've been here well over ten times, for my birthday, with friends and with my partner.

I can never fault it, the food is always delicious and well sourced.

The staff and pleasant and willing I explain some dishes to you.

I would highly recommend and definitely will be back!

Buckland Monachorum, United Kingdom
“Comfortable, relaxed atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Carlin's has a fantastic atmosphere; it is a warm, welcoming place where the staff are relaxed - not so much that they are asleep, but enough so that they will smile and engage with you naturally. The food was presented beautifully and I can honestly say that it was the best steak I have had; perfectly cooked.

It really is good value for money, but with a high quality of food. Also...half price fizz on a Friday night is always a plus! Though we were there on business, I would recommend it for anyone.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Just a drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Popped in to have a drink with my husband while the kids were at a party. They weren't very busy but we were made to feel very welcome. We decided to have some chips and onion rings to snack on, the chips were lovely as were the huge onion rings. We will be back for a proper meal.

“restaurant review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

had a excellent dinner the food was good and the paella was excellent would go again some time.Is a good location in the town to watch people go by.

• Visited May 2014