We stayed for one night only as we travelled around the area, but this was easily the best accommodation that we stayed in. The house was beautiful, luxurious and absolutely immaculate. The view from our room (number 3) was spectacular. The setting was peaceful and relaxing and the owners were extremely friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was delicious, with a wide range of choice.
Very close by (a couple of minutes walk) is a lovely pub, serving food too, and a little local shop. Hilltop( the Beatrix Potter house) is within walking distance, and there are lots of wonderful walks on the doorstep. We enjoyed our stay immensely and would not hesitate to recommend this accommodation. It is slightly more expensive than other places that we stayed in, but definitely worth the extra. When we visit this part of the Lake District again we will certainly be staying here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep in the heart of the Lake District National Park on the edge of the village of Far Sawrey you will find West Vale Country House an idyillic small retreat where you can escape and leave your cares behind This stunning location overlooks Grizedale Forest The Old Man of Coniston and the surrounding area is a pot-pourri of cultural historical and architectural gems as Beatrix Potters Cottage Brantwood Holker Hall Dove Cottage and Levens Hall ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your West Vale Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Vale County Hotel
- West Vale County Ambleside
- West Vale Country House Ambleside, Lake District