I do not usually write bad reviews, I would rather write a good one but I feel I must share my views in this case. We have just returned from a planned road trip through Wales & The Lakes & as usual I did my homework & booked what I thought were three 4* Hotels. The previous two were as described and we were very happy but we were very disappointed with this one which is advertised as a 4* Hotel but is at best a 3* B&B. In agreement with the previous review, when we arrived at The Fisherbeck, my daughter was struggling with her case & the receptionist suggested that she leave it at the bottom of the stairs and that my husband come back for it, which he did. The room was small & the colours throughout were gaudy. There was mold around the bath, scuffs on the walls, cheap chipped furniture and no bedside lamps for reading, only spot lights on the ceiling. The beds were old & I was rolling towards the middle as my husband is a lot heavier than me. But the noise was the worst, we had a family above us which kept us awake plus we heard every flush of the toilets in the 2 rooms next to us and the cisterns refilling. We were booked in for 3 nights but left after 2, spoiling our well earned holiday. I have no problem with staying in an establishment such as this but if it is described as a 4* Hotel and I am charged as such, I expect to receive the service and comfort that I have paid for. On the plus side, the breakfast & location is good and people were friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO THE FISHERBECK. When you are away from home you want to be comfortable, so why not relax on our luxury leather sofas, enjoy a glass of wine, cool beer, cappuccino or latte, perhaps with a little something from our light bite menu. And then sleep easy in one of our individually designed bedrooms, some with fantastic views, balcony, spa bath or king size bed.If you are looking for a truly hearty well cooked breakfast, for several years we have been the recipients of the Good Breakfast Award. We make our own muesli, granola, breakfast muffins and rum butter. Eggs are collected direct from the farm for absolute freshness. Award winning bacon, sausage and black pudding are sourced locally and our smoked haddock and salmon are some of the finest in the north of England, all cooked for you personally. If you want to be well located with really great views of Loughrigg Fell and onwards to the Langdale Pikes, an easy stroll to shops, restaurants and the lake, we really are perfectly located in Ambleside right in the heart of The Lake District. Our 18 bedrooms are all en-suite and three feature balconies overlooking magnificent Lakeland views opposite. Supremely comfortable, the rooms are equipped with all the facilities you need for a luxurious stay in the heart of this most beautiful area. Our sheltered garden provides a tranquill place to relax and admire the glorious panoramic view of the Langdale Pikes, Wansfell and Loughrigg Fell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Fisherbeck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fisherbeck Hotel Ambleside
- Fisherbeck Hotel Ambleside
- The Fisherbeck Ambleside, Lake District