I booked a weekend break at The Fisherbeck due to the really good reports on Tripadvisor for Fri 17th to Sun 19th May 2013. I had not stopped in Ambleside before and my girlfriend and I were really impressed with how close the hotel was to the town centre. About a 5 min stroll, near but not right in there. The hotel was spotless and my girlfriend liked the Sanderson furnishings (I had no idea but wallpaper & curtains to the uninitiated) in our room. Check in was smooth & ordered pack up for our walk the following day. The owner was knowledgeable about the local area and as we were dining out he gave us some good recommendations about local restaurants in Ambleside. They even have a drying room for your walking gear etc! Breakfast was great with plenty of choice on the menu. Slept like logs for both nights of our stay. Would I stop here again, definateley. Would I recommend Ambleside, definately. It's got plenty of restaurants, pubs and one or two bars all of good quality. Was my girlfriend impressed, definately!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO THE FISHERBECK. When you are away from home you want to be comfortable, so why not relax on our luxury leather sofas, enjoy a glass of wine, cool beer, cappuccino or latte, perhaps with a little something from our light bite menu. And then sleep easy in one of our individually designed bedrooms, some with fantastic views, balcony, spa bath or king size bed.If you are looking for a truly hearty well cooked breakfast, for several years we have been the recipients of the Good Breakfast Award. We make our own muesli, granola, breakfast muffins and rum butter. Eggs are collected direct from the farm for absolute freshness. Award winning bacon, sausage and black pudding are sourced locally and our smoked haddock and salmon are some of the finest in the north of England, all cooked for you personally. If you want to be well located with really great views of Loughrigg Fell and onwards to the Langdale Pikes, an easy stroll to shops, restaurants and the lake, we really are perfectly located in Ambleside right in the heart of The Lake District. Our 18 bedrooms are all en-suite and three feature balconies overlooking magnificent Lakeland views opposite. Supremely comfortable, the rooms are equipped with all the facilities you need for a luxurious stay in the heart of this most beautiful area. Our sheltered garden provides a tranquill place to relax and admire the glorious panoramic view of the Langdale Pikes, Wansfell and Loughrigg Fell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Fisherbeck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fisherbeck Hotel Ambleside
- Fisherbeck Hotel Ambleside
- The Fisherbeck Ambleside, Lake District