We only stayed here because we were let down at the last minute by The Log House which is opposite the Fisherbeck, the hotel is very nice and spotlessly clean, the staff are friendly and efficient. We came for our wedding anniversary and on arrival there was a small bottle of bubble for us, a very nice and thoughtful touch. The room was large enough and very comfortable with a whirlpool bath, the only downside and the reason that I haven't given it full marks is as our room was at the rear there was some early morning noise from the road and the bin men (Wednesday) I know that someone has to stay at the back I just wish that it haven't been us. The breakfasts are magnificent and the service is faultless, the snacks and drinks during the day are very good and are reasonably priced, I just wish that they did evening meals because if they were as good as the breakfasts you wouldn't want to eat out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO THE FISHERBECK. When you are away from home you want to be comfortable, so why not relax on our luxury leather sofas, enjoy a glass of wine, cool beer, cappuccino or latte, perhaps with a little something from our light bite menu. And then sleep easy in one of our individually designed bedrooms, some with fantastic views, balcony, spa bath or king size bed.If you are looking for a truly hearty well cooked breakfast, for several years we have been the recipients of the Good Breakfast Award. We make our own muesli, granola, breakfast muffins and rum butter. Eggs are collected direct from the farm for absolute freshness. Award winning bacon, sausage and black pudding are sourced locally and our smoked haddock and salmon are some of the finest in the north of England, all cooked for you personally. If you want to be well located with really great views of Loughrigg Fell and onwards to the Langdale Pikes, an easy stroll to shops, restaurants and the lake, we really are perfectly located in Ambleside right in the heart of The Lake District. Our 18 bedrooms are all en-suite and three feature balconies overlooking magnificent Lakeland views opposite. Supremely comfortable, the rooms are equipped with all the facilities you need for a luxurious stay in the heart of this most beautiful area. Our sheltered garden provides a tranquill place to relax and admire the glorious panoramic view of the Langdale Pikes, Wansfell and Loughrigg Fell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Fisherbeck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fisherbeck Hotel Ambleside
- Fisherbeck Hotel Ambleside
- The Fisherbeck Ambleside, Lake District