Firstly,we could not decide if the place was a B&B guesthouse or hotel??
However, we have just returned from a 3 day break at the Fisherbeck, generally the place is very pleasant, well presented and in a good location (just 5 mins from town) - on site parking is also a big plus for it as car park charges around the Lake district take some believing.
Our room was very clean & comfortable -maybe a tad small but perfectly ok for the two of us - the room had no bath but the shower was fantastic, tea & coffee facility was also provided within the room.
The only reason we are not bringing our rating up from average to v.good is down to what we felt was the over the top pampering around breakfast time by the waiting on staff - the staff outnumbered the guests at certain times and the fact that breakfast was served for 1 hour (8.30 - 9.30). Also, as soon as you put your cutlery down the staff were at your table requesting if you had finished - should you really be rushed at breakfast in this day and age?? Breakfast was good quality and the choice varied and appealing, however your breakfast is served to you following your choice from the menu, we just found this a little like going back in time - maybe we are used to having buffet style breakfast's on previous mini -breaks.
Is this down to trying to be a hotel?? Or a 5 star guesthouse??
Overall though it's clean, comfortable and well sited we would recommend this hotel to other's and we would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO THE FISHERBECK. When you are away from home you want to be comfortable, so why not relax on our luxury leather sofas, enjoy a glass of wine, cool beer, cappuccino or latte, perhaps with a little something from our light bite menu. And then sleep easy in one of our individually designed bedrooms, some with fantastic views, balcony, spa bath or king size bed.If you are looking for a truly hearty well cooked breakfast, for several years we have been the recipients of the Good Breakfast Award. We make our own muesli, granola, breakfast muffins and rum butter. Eggs are collected direct from the farm for absolute freshness. Award winning bacon, sausage and black pudding are sourced locally and our smoked haddock and salmon are some of the finest in the north of England, all cooked for you personally. If you want to be well located with really great views of Loughrigg Fell and onwards to the Langdale Pikes, an easy stroll to shops, restaurants and the lake, we really are perfectly located in Ambleside right in the heart of The Lake District. Our 18 bedrooms are all en-suite and three feature balconies overlooking magnificent Lakeland views opposite. Supremely comfortable, the rooms are equipped with all the facilities you need for a luxurious stay in the heart of this most beautiful area. Our sheltered garden provides a tranquill place to relax and admire the glorious panoramic view of the Langdale Pikes, Wansfell and Loughrigg Fell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Fisherbeck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fisherbeck Hotel Ambleside
- Fisherbeck Hotel Ambleside
- The Fisherbeck Ambleside, Lake District