“Great Spa” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 14 Activities in Ambleside
More attraction details
Owner description: Oxley's Blue Fish Spa at Ambleside - A Haven of Peace & TranquillityEscape from it all and experience the relaxing and rejuvenating effects of time spent at an Oxley’s Spa.Situated in the centre of Ambleside, surrounded by the lakes and fells of the English Lake District, our Spa reflects the natural beauty and serenity of the area.If you’re short on time treatments start from half an hour but we’d love you to stay longer and put your feet up with a magazine and a drink in our our relaxation room. Or for the ultimate in relaxation treat yourself to one of our spa days.Treatments include indulgent massages, detoxifying body wraps, beautifying facials, manicures & pedicures, Fake Bake spray tans and a range of holistic therapies. Spa Days include treatments from half an hour to three hours, full use of the leisure facilities and a delicious lunch. We now have a Mini Spa Experience (half day) from only £44.We use only the finest natural and where possible, organic spa products including Decléor. For over 35 years Decléor have studied the multitude of positive effects in essential oils and their benefits for the skin and senses. They are one of the most internationally trusted and respected professional spa brands.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Great Spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Service and venue are excellent, gym very small but well kept, pool, steam room and sauna were great.

Visited February 2014

newcastle
“My little bit of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have been visiting and staying at the Salutation hotel for the last 6 years which is where Oxleys is and have always visited each time. I love this place and the staff who work here are all lovely. I feel relaxed as soon as I walk in. You are greeted by very nice staff who provide you with slippers and a locker key. There is an excellent range of treatments available and this time I opted for reflexology. I was advised that I would have a good nights sleep and she was right as soon as I left I wanted to go to sleep and when bed time finally came I slept like a baby for the first time in a long time. I would not hesitate in recommending Oxleys if you want a professional and relaxing massage.

Visited December 2013
cumbria
10 attraction reviews
“Ideal spa day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

A group of us ladies visited for a spa day on a special occasion. Some of us had been to Oxleys at Keswick previously & we all agreed this one was better overall.

Good points: definitely the outdoor hot tub which was sooo relaxing.
The relaxation area is a nice touch whilst waiting for treatments & enjoying a drink afterwards.
Gorgeous clean pool, sauna, steam room, ice area, jacuzzi
Luxurious loungers
Good treatments
Quality dining area and nice food

The poor points: parking facilities are very poor. The hotel has a private car park which was full. To be fair Ambleside is a very busy tourist spot which by the nature of the town causes parking problems.
Individual changing cubicles in the ladies changing room would be better than one communal room.

Overall we were treated very well by all the staff and had a thoroughly enjoyable day. I would definitely go back but not in the car!

Visited September 2013
Keighley, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
“Super Spa Treatments”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Visited whilst staying at The Salutation Hotel in Ambleside (which is also excellent) and a fantastic half hour facial. I would strongly recommend. The ambience is lovely, very calm and the staff were very helpful and didn't rush despite being very busy. the products are expensive (Declor) but well worth it and my skin felt lovely the following day. Top tip... book in advance, it is busy with local people and I mistakenly thought it would be easy to get an appointment.

Visited August 2013
workington
4 attraction reviews
“Disappointing compared to previous experiences”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Four of us booked for a spa day at Oxley's last week. Having thoroughly enjoyed a previous spa day at Oxley's in Keswick I was looking forward to a similar experience. Alas, it wasn't to be. The place is very nice, although we were less than relaxed on arrival having struggled to park in the over full car park. I have no complaints about the cleanliness of the place and friendliness of the staff but certain aspects left a lot to be desired. The sauna wasn't working so was closed, along with the ice machine. The hot tub outside was lovely as was the pool and indoor Jacuzzi. The facial I had was average but I was disappointed not to be consulted about my skin type or given any advice (I could have asked but didn't). Lunch I was anticipating after the memory of the previous meal at Oxley's in Keswick, but it wasn't up to the standard at all. The jacket potato was dry with hard lumps and the fruit salad consisted of a small amount of apple, melon and pineapple pieces with one grape (yes I counted!). I said I didn't want cream as I don't like it but wasn't even offered an alternative such as ice cream. We were also surprised to find no individual changing cubicles in the ladies changing room, only a communal area. Not everyone is happy to show off their body in front of others!
The day was a good experience on the whole but lacked the little touches I would expect for the price.

Visited July 2013