5 of us ventured up from Bath for a week in Ambleside - we could not have been happier with Ambleside backpackers hostel
I've made a list of my favourite things:
1) Free Tea, Coffee and Breakfast - A lovely bonus, how lovely it was to whip up a big pot of tea and sit around the fire in the lounge after a long walk :D which brings me to number 2..
2) The Lounge: Cosy and clean, but also massive and enough sofas for everyone to spread out and sit, read, watch telly and nap (that was me!) after a long day without being on top of each other. The fire was cosy and there was a nice little library going on.
3) Showers: on the womens side the two 'curtained' showers were hotter than the white plastic doored ones - but they were clean and hot. Bliss after a trip to the top of Loughrigg Fell in a hailstorm....
4) Kitchen: fab, huge and full of every piece of a equipment you could need: we cooked up a variety of things every night and enjoyed cooking in such a big kitchen.
5) Beds: comfortable and cosy bedding. Nice and clean. We were in a 6 person dorm with sheleving, a sink and a view to die for :)
Can't recommend the place highly enough. Just Lovely!
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Backpackers Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hostel is a large old Lakeland house with many period features in a great location. We have a large, well-equipped, self-catering kitchen, a dining room and a large comfy lounge with fire and piano. All our bedrooms are bunk-bedded with 2 - 14 beds, 60 in total. Many have fine fell views. All have a sink, fitted carpetand underlay, central heating and bedding is provided (one even has a chair!). We welcome individuals, couples and groups as well as whole hostel bookings. We do not accept stag, hen or drinking parties. We ask all our guests to please keep quiet after 23.00hrs to help ensure a good nights sleep for all. We welcome children provided they are well supervised but you will need to book a room for private occupancy. Sorry no pets. We provide free tea and coffee, free self-serve breakfast of cerials, toast and preserves -tea and coffee, internet access computer and free wifi. You may use the kitchen in the evening and morning to cook food for yourselves. We also have bike storage, parking for motorbikes, a drying room and laundry facilities. Free on-street parking for cars at the moment. Ambleside is a great base for access to most of the Lake District with a good bus service. There are many fantastic eateries in Ambleside with price ranges from low to mid. Also steamer service on Windermere. The hostel is not suitable for guests with mobility problems due to its many steps and stairs. Get your holiday booked now. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Ambleside Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.