“Just wow” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 106 Restaurants in Ambleside
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Thai, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Jintana Thai Restaurant is Ambleside's newest and most popular Thai Restaurant, nestled in the centre of Ambleside in the heart of the English Lake District just opposite Zefirelli's Cinema. Open since late 2011, the restaurant offers diners a relaxed, friendly environment in which to enjoy our freshly prepared authentic Thai Cuisine.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Just wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Visited jintana tonight for the first time and I can honestly say it was one of the best meals I have ever had, not only that but the overall experience was outstanding.
Some people on here really do annoy me with with their comments and it's great to see that they are just the minority.
Great service from native staff and a fantastic atmosphere, not only that but the food is superb! I will be coming here again and I will be telling every one I know now that I have moved to the area.
Thank you for the amazing experience!

• Visited January 2014

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We booked a table here on New Years Eve and although being told initially there were no tables, after the second phone call we were conveniently given an 8pm reservation.

Having look at the reviews on here I was pretty excited about the food, and it didn't disappoint. The selection however was limited as there was a set menu, something I hadn't been told when booking. The food itself was fragrant, authentic and extremely tasty - the tiger prawn soup had a decent kick!

The atmosphere was lively and the decor once again was very authentic. The service was OK - I feel this restaurant is usually very busy and I reckon they could definitely cope better - it seemed some tables were served a lot quicker than others.

I was a bit surprised with the set menu - my girlfriend doesn't usually eat 3 courses, and there was no flexibility to change, so the food alone was £65 between us with a limited choice.

Overall - I would recommend this place to others but I think the restaurant should take heed of all these reviews and make minor changes, that would quickly change the place from being 'very good' to 'excellent'.

• Visited December 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Jintana is an excellent restaurant. Quick & polite service, great value for money with delicious food. We dined at lunchtime & we were offered a good selection on the menu. The environment was calming & clean with friendly & helpful staff.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cumbria
“Excellent Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Delicious food, I can highly recommend their tiger prawn coconut soup and the duck in red curry sauce was amazing.
Staff were very helpful and attentive and the atmosphere was lovely.
Definitely recommend to others and we will be going back.

• Visited January 2014
mancheser
“Amazing food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Whilst saying in Ambleside and looking for some where to eat we came across this Thai restaurant. It was just before 6pm on a fri night so didn't think a table would be a problem but was made to feel it was an inconvience to them to organise a table for us, but they did and from then on no problems. there was 8 of us food was gorgeous every bit of it so it made up for the welcome. The only bit I didn't like was the bill nearly fell off my chair when I got that. More expensive then I worked out. Would I return YES but I'd make sure I have more than enough money next time