“Stellar food and unparalleled service!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Stellar food and unparalleled service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The perfect place to host my 30th! I was organising a weekend in the Lakes for a group of 12 and came across Atelier on Tripadvisor; "with reviews like that it must be good" I thought and happily I was not disappointed. Ethna and her staff exceeded our expectations and provided us with a memorable experience of a wonderfully warm welcome, exquisite food and superb service. When booking I'd mentioned that there were a few birthdays in our party and we arrived to a beautifully laid table, a glass of bubbly and cards for the birthday boys! Fantastic! When the food arrived there was a round of oohs and arrrhs, before a hush descended as everyone tucked in to what must be described as the best meal in Ambleside. I had a fillet steak which had been cooked to perfection and melted in the mouth. The deserts were equally as varied and mouth watering as the mains. I've been telling everyone I know about this little gem in the Lakes and can't recommended it enough. Give it a try, you'll not be disappointed!

ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
And yours is a 'stellar' review!!
Thanks a million for the wonderful compliments - Chef thanks the young man who popped into the kitchen to personally thank her! It was our pleasure to host your birthday celebrations, and that it was such a success.
See you again.

95% Recommend
Midlands
“Mmmmmmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were staying in Ambleside for one night and after reading some reviews headed out for our evening meal. Ambleside has lots of eateries but we settled on Atelier. The hostess (the chef's mother standing in for the night) was absolutely charming and extremely hospitable, you couldn't ask for a nicer lady to be looking after you for the evening. The restaurant decor is modern but also cozy and charming. The food was of exceptional quality, I had the duck and my boyfriend had the sea bass and both were cooked to perfection. Desserts were also fantastic and would throughly recommend the soufflé. Excellent choice of restaurant and would recommend you visit this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Delighted that you chose to eat at atelier on your one and only night in Ambleside. Your lovely comments with regard to the food and service were extremely generous and gratefully received. A HUGE thank you.
Please, visit us again soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“CHRIS & HELEN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Me and my wife have been visiting Ambleside for about 7 years, we went up there last Thursday and Friday for a two day chill, the first night went out we stumbled on a new restaurant called Atelier, its on the main road on the one way system leading out of Ambleside.
Its the type of restaurant that as soon as you walk in, its got a lovely atmosphere, the lighting is not to dark, also the decor is quite modern, the service is great, but the most important thing is that the food is fantastic !!! You don't have to wait that long for your food even if its busy, its all cooked from fresh, and its worth every penny you pay, which is not bad for the quality of food your getting. The food was that good we went back on Friday too...... :-)

ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Such a marvellous review!!
Thank you so much for the numerous compliments. Absolutely delighted that you liked atelier so much you ate with us on consecutive nights.
Do dine with us again.
Annan, United Kingdom
“Tres Manifique.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Everything was Tres Manifique the whole of the evening. The duck breast was perfection along with the haddock and the deserts wonderfull.

Visited November 2012
ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Vous etes tres gentil.
A great , to the point review. Thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of the evening.
Merci beaucoup a vous.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Best hostess ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent last weekend in Ambleside for our anniversary and in our search for a nice evening meal, we spotted Atelier from across the road of our hotel room. We were instantly drawn in by how charming and cosy it looked. We reserved a table for that evening and it was the most pleasant meal I've had.
The food was lovely; I had perfectly cooked sea bass and pea risotto which was filling but never heavy, and my boyfriend ordered the duck breast which definitely went down well. He also thoroughly enjoyed the fishcake starter while I thought the chicken, pork and pistachio terrine was light and flavoursome. I should also note that the plates put in front of you look exactly as they do on the website. So if you had a look there first, you will definitely not be disappointed.
However, as delicious as the food was, it wasn't the highlight of our meal at Atelier. Our favourite part was the wonderful and engaging service given by the hostess/owner (I think?) who was a step beyond polite and friendly. Her warming way instantly puts you at an ease you don't always feel when dining out, and as a Marketing student my boyfriend really appreciated the thoughtfulness and personal effort she put into making our evening an enjoyable one.
Even if the food had not been as scrumptious as it was, we would have definitely come back just for the wonderful service.

ethnamarie, Owner at Atelier, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
You are most generous.
Megan (Chef/Owner) was bowled over with you comments about the food; they justify all the hard work and care that is put into each dish - which is quite considerable.
atelier endeavours to make each diner feel special, and your comments would suggest that we are moving in the right direction. A gigantic thank you for your lovely compliments about the service. However, you were so easygoing yourselves that it was easy peasy.
Hope to see you again.