“Helvellyn my 60th birthday treat!” 5 of 5 stars

0844 693 3389
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: The Lake District Walker offer fun and affordable days out for everyone.Open 365 days with at least one Lake District guided walk each day most accessible by public transport.Rock climbing during high season.Daily navigation training and private hire available year round.Many free child places and free winter equipment hire for those wishing to walk in the snow!
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Helvellyn my 60th birthday treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

As I have always wanted to climb Helvellyn on the Striding edge route my wife organised a guided walk through Lake District Walker for my 60th birthday. I was very impressed with the guide John who was friendly,professional and gave our group the confidence to tackle this awesome peak. We
were lucky to complete most of our climb in glorious autumn sunshine and John's extensive knowledge of the various routes enabled us to reach the summit before the low cloud came in to spoil the views! We also did Catstycam on the way down, a fabulous day which all three of us in the group thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks John .

“Fantastic guided walks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have been out with The Lake District Walker a few times now and they are an excellent company. The guides are all really friendly and very experienced and make the day really enjoyable even in the most trying of weather conditions! They have a fantastic range of walks and will go out even if only one person has booked on. This year my friend and I have scaled Helm Crag, Striding Edge and Scafell Pike and we will be back for many more. We are already avidly looking at the 2014 events! Thank you for making fell walking so accessible, challenging and fun.

London, United Kingdom
“Always fantastic guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've been on three walks with The Lake District Walker this year. I'm not an experienced walker so started with a lower fell walk in the spring (Steel Fell and Helm Crag), did Helvellyn and Striding Edge in the summer, and Scafell Pike this weekend in the rain and cold! So I've done some more challenging walks and been out in good weather and bad. Geoff and the other guides I've had are all excellent. They are friendly, knowledgeable, always keeping the group motivated and taking care of us all (and, in the case of Scafell in bad weather - getting us all off the mountain in one piece!). There are so many walks to choose from, so you can start with an easier walk and build up to something really challenging. The guides are fantastic for both types of walk. And I can't believe how low the prices are, it's more than worth it. Highly recommend.

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

These guys are very helpfull, knowledgable and professional. We had an excellent day and the views were amazing. John (our guide) is such a pro, and I would rellish the chance to walk with him again.

Visited August 2013
Glossop, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Scafell Pike walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went on a guided walk up Scafell Pike. We had a really great day, the guide was friendly and knowledgeable and allowed the group to go at the pace best for us. He also took people off to do little detours to bag other fells on the way. The walk was fantastic and the whole experience was something to remember.

Visited June 2013