The Waterhead is a superb hotel, if you want quality, excellent service and food that is cooked to perfection then this is the place for you.
We stayed for two nights 23rd to 25th July and were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a luxury room. The room was on the ground floor with a lovely view overlooking the garden and lake. The room was spacious with high ceilings and had a TV with DVD player for which you could borrow DVD’s from reception free of charge. There was internet connection, a hairdryer, telephone and a wide range of complimentary tea and coffee which was topped up every day. Plenty of wardrobe space, and an ironing board & iron tucked away in its own cupboard which was a nice touch. The king size bed was so comfortable we didn’t want to get up in the morning but of course if we didn’t we would miss the fantastic breakfast!
The hotel is situated across a road from the lake, but didn’t pose a problem as it was fairly quiet. Nearby just a few yards away you can book one of the many cruises which take you the full length of Lake Windermere for a reasonable price.
The Waterhead Hotel is ideally situated for easy access to Coniston, Grasmere, Keswick, Bowness & Kendal and so makes an excellent base. Ambleside town is about half a mile away within easy walking distance or you can drive as there's ample parking space.
We thoroughly recommend this hotel, it’s a four star and it deserves every single one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Waterhead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Ambleside, Lake District