We stayed in the Waterhead hotel for 1 night, during our walking holiday of the lake district (only wish we stayed longer).
The hotel has a lovely feel to it and all the staff were extremely helpful. The bedrooms have a nice view of the lake and the en-suites are clean and modern. The breakfast was excellent, with a full à la carte menu included in our price.
It has a DVD player in all bedrooms, with DVDs available to borrow from reception. (free of charge)
The only drawback was that the swimming pool & leisure facilities available are 1mile from the hotel.
We moved from here to the dissappointing Old England Hotel in Bowness, which was alot more expensive, with alot less charm!
I would definitely return to the Waterhead if I get the chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Otel, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Waterhead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Ambleside, Lake District