My Fiance and I don't get away often without our children; so when we do we like to go for luxury; and we certainly got that at the Waterhead Hotel.
Our room; apparently one of the less luxurious; was comfortable, modern, and extremely luxurious. Fruit and Grasmere gingerbread upon arrival with an array of hot drinks to choose from. Decor was modern and room spotless. Breakfasts were phenominally large and scrumptious; a good start to the days, sustained us through plenty of walking; without needing to eat again until evening time!
A mile from the centre of Ambleside and also a mile to the gym / pool / sauna (for which we had free access) we were very well situated. Also well placed for being able to visit many of the wonderful places within the Lakes. As a Cumbrian lass by birth I was proud to be able to show my fiance my home county and staying in such a wonderful hotel made our romantic weekend away all the more special! We will certainly return in the future!
(The only minor dissapointment was the TV......very basic viewing ....no Sky news / sports etc. but a good selection of DVD's if you like watching films!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Waterhead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Ambleside, Lake District