Having stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels in London ,Rome France and Spain ,we have found none that compared to the Waterhead for service and attention to detail.
The Staff were invariably and constantly cheerful .
The charming man serving at the bar ,recognised us,smiled and said hello when spotting us in Ableside ,after just ONE visit to the Waterhead bar .
The room was immaculately clean ,and the ice bucket seemed to be re-filled as if by magic every time we came back in.
Turn-down service ,a joy and a cafetier with real coffee in the room (as well as the usual Nescafe and Galxy hot chocolate ) .
TV has a repeater speaker in the bathroom which is a bit strange ,but ideal for those who like to sing along in the shower with the TV tuned to radio ( Reception can have it turned down or off ,for the non-musical )
Phone reception pretty terrible ..BUT this is the Lake District ,and we WERE away to relax ..not to answer the phone /tex/emails etc.
We actually made a point of thanking the Service Manager personally on our way out for the way her Staff had looked after us (and for the obvious hard work that must have gone into their training .
Many Thanks again.
Patty and Les Caffrey .Belmont .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Waterhead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Ambleside, Lake District