We stayed for 2 nights in November, this being our 2nd visit.
We feel comfortable in the hotel. The rooms are very comfortable, quite clean and the staff are always friendly and helpful.
if you are on the bed and breakfast package the Waterhead Grill for breakfast is an excellent breakfast and really sets you up for the day.
Dinner for the 2 of us was also included on our first night and made it a remarkably good deal - essentially the room was close to free for the first night! They don't restrict your choices on the dinner menu on this package which was refreshing and appreciated.
After our first visit, we realized that the hotel is dog friendly (for £10 per night) and our room came with a doggie bed, water bowl and even some biscuits for our pooch. A nice touch.
We plan to return next year.
The hotel is also an easy walk into Ambleside and right next door to Hayes Garden World which is a wonderful garden centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Waterhead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Ambleside, Lake District