Had a lovely two days at the Waterhead Hotel in Ambleside. The room was lovely. Well furnished and with good quality bed and bedding. There was underfloor heating and even a wall fire, which made it lovely and cosy. Flat screen tv with Freeview, DVD player and a ipod docking station. There was a well stocked welcome tray which was topped up in the evening and an ice bucket which was filled daily as well! The bathroom was very modern and there were good quality towels and toileteries.
The room was lovely and clean as was the rest of the hotel.
The only down side was that the bar was a bit dead.. we had a drink, and there was just one other couple there. But there was a lively pub just accross the road.
This is the perfect hotel for a romantic break and a few day away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Waterhead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Ambleside, Lake District