Stayed at the Waterhead for 2 nights over this weekend. We were welcomed brightly at reception and our Lake View room (room 10) was just perfect. Small touches like the cafetiere with 2 different types of coffee (refilled in the day time and we were offered extra on the Saturday night as well), good quality bed linen, DVD player (hundreds of DVD's in reception), ice in a chiller in the room just made a very good hotel excellent.
The room was spotless and the bathroom well stocked with good quality toiletries, heated floor in the bathroom was another lovely touch.
We ate at the hotel on our first evening and although my partners steak was delicious I was a little disappointed with the lamb shank, that was a very small point compared to the perfection everywhere else. Breakfast had excellent choice and lovely fresh fruit salad and pastries as well as the usual cooked options.
The people working at the hotel were all very friendly and hard working - no exaggeration to say nothing was too much trouble.
Would I stay here again? Yes, without a shadow of a doubt. We used a discount voucher to stay here from an online website but I would pay full price. Autumn is a lovely time to stay in this area, I suspect that it may be a little too busy out and about in the summer for me!
Cannot recommend this hotel enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, LateRooms, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Waterhead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Ambleside, Lake District