“Dinostar, a disappointing experience.” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
England
30 attraction reviews
“Dinostar, a disappointing experience.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I took my 3 year old daughter to Dinostar after visiting The Deep aquarium. I didn't go in with high expectations, which was a good thing otherwise I would have been disappointed. We only spent about 20 minutes inside, the museum is very dated and run down, in fact, it looks like it has been around since the time of the dinosaurs. There isn't a much of interest to see and many of the interactive exhibits were not working.
I would only recommend that you visit Dinostar if your children are very into dinosaurs and you are in the area.

Visited September 2013

Harrogate
“Great for dino mad kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We visited here after going to the deep. It is a small museum so you should expect to spend no longer than an hour here. Lots of interactive things to do with a few largish replica dinosaur models. My little boy who is dinosaur mad loved it.

Visited August 2013
5 attraction reviews
“Lovely museum for little ones”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Although small this museum is fantastic the children loved it. It's not expensive and does not take long to get around bit is a great place to take the children.y grandson is mad on dinosaurs and absolutely loved this place would definitely reccomend it .

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“An interesting place if you like dinosaurs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I visited with my husband and two children (aged 4 and 1). Wasn't sure what to expect as reviews on here seemed quite mixed. However I think it's definitely worth a visit and the children loved it. Yes the building is old, a little worn and could do with some TLC, but seriously children don't notice this, do they?! My children loved pressing the buttons, looking for the different dinosaurs and playing in the sand.

One recommendation would be for some new felt tips and crayons upstairs as some of these were quite old. Also some of the little vehicles in the play area could do with being replaced as they were broken.

We paid £3 per adult, £1.50 child and stayed around an hour. I think it's reasonable value and we found it an interesting place to visit. If we don't support independent places like this then we'll end up losing them which would be a shame. Worth a visit if you're in the area.

Bridlington, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“Boys loved it, a little dusty but hey it's dinosaurs not princesses”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice way to spend an hour with your children. The building is a little run down but this maybe due to its age and them not being able to renovate etc.( a lot of original features still intact) you have to consider that if it wasn't for the business owner it would be just another old empty warehouse prime for vandals. This museum is full of facts on dinosaurs displayed on large colourful poster with plenty of diagrams and supported with fossils and cast models . I especially liked the guess what it is boxes watching my boys faces as they reached inside teehee. upstairs there is an area for the children to be creative, they can even dig for Dino bones or draw a picture and write about their experience. All in all I enjoyed my experience here yes it's a little dusty but for £1.50 you have to look past that. On looking through the photos I have taken my boys look happy and couldn't wait to tell their daddy what they had seen. That to me is the sign of a good trip. I will visit again. Must mention as well how friendly and helpful the gentleman at the cash desk was.