“The bridge that put modern Hull on the map” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Bridges, Landmarks
More attraction details
Owner description: The bridge once held the world record as the longest single span suspension bridge. More than 100,000 vehicles use the bridge each week.
Hull
“The bridge that put modern Hull on the map”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

When I was a sixth former all those years ago at a Hull school I used to be vaguely interested when I saw sections of the bridge being floated down the river, as I made my way to school on the train.

I hated the Bridge so much when I was running over it earlier this year in a half marathon albeit for charity ( the road seemed to slant upwards for ever!), due to a reckless promise to my eldest son, which he, unfortunately, had remembered, and I had hoped to forget) - but what a beautiful, iconic structure it is in fact - many others appear to agree, because, whenever we cross it to visit folks in Lincolnshire, the sidewalks are packed with walkers, cyclists and runners. They used to sing ' will they ever bridge the Humber?' - the answer now is emphatically yes!! - and in great style!

Visited September 2013

Hull, East Yorkshire
5 attraction reviews
“Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Wherever I travel as soon as I see Humber bridge I know I am home.
An iconic bridge that should have its debt wiped to allow for free travel - just my opinion!

Visited August 2013
Lincoln, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“fantastic views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great piece of engineering , using the bridge more know the toll is £1.50. fantastic views up the river

Visited September 2013
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
“Awsome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

As I live in Hull the Humber Bridge isn't far for us to travel to.. The viewing area below the bridge is lovely. You can walk under the main road via an underpass, which opens out to a lovely country park. Its full of trails to follow plus a picnic area round a manmade lake. Its very peaceful.
When you come back out of the park you can walk the shoreline with its excellent view of our magnificent bridge. When we were younger my dad used to take us to see it been build at all the various stages. Then when it was complete we took our first trip over it. We thought we were in the clouds, we were amazed. I know we no longer have the largest suspension bridge in the WORLD but we are up the amongst the largest in the world......

Visited August 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

When driving near it you can feel how huge it is. Drive over it, and you'll get great views! Humber bridge is amazing from any point!!

Visited September 2012