“Ai ai ai” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Ai ai ai”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

I was a regular visitor at chiquito for the lunch menu as it was reasonably priced and the children's menu had a fun selection but since they've changed the menu I'll be avoiding this place. There's hardly any items on the lunch menu and the children's menu might aswell be from macdonald's, instead all the mexican themed food is listed under 'young adults menu' which costs an extra £2 and would defiantly not fill a young adult. My bill was over £50 for 2 adults and 3 children, I was appalled that I paid £5 for 2 glasses of lemonade that were half filled with ice! Never again!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

UK
“Dreadful - as expected”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Had the misfortune to visit this "restaurant" again yesterday. Tried to avoid but couldn't find anywhere else open in Hull City Centre at 6pm on a Sunday! Was stuck for somewhere to eat between cinema and the theatre. Thought it was going to be awful as per my previous two visits, true to form it was. Overpriced tasteless muck! The food this place produces tastes like it is simply poured from a jar over mechanically reclaimed meat. My wife and I ordered two completely different meals but the chicken in "sauce" was exactly the same. The sevice had improved since my last visit on the plus side. This venue is also always so cold. The drinks remain overpriced. Try to avoid. Have visited Mexico - never found food that resembled the offerings this place has.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leeds, UK
“Abu Hamza wouldn't eat here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Hull needs a good honest Mexican, it really does because this place is so terrible I wouldn't send Abu Hamza there.

We arrived and was told there would be a 15 minute wait. So we had a drink at the bar. I thought it must be busy, but then I looked around and half the seats were empty.

I presume we had to wait as they were understaffed. When we got seated we then waited an age to get served.

I love fajitas I really do but the chicken was so tough I couldn't chew it and had to spit it out. When the waitress asked if everything was okay I had to explain why it was so wrong. She said I can have 20% off my dish?! 20%? I couldn't eat it. So ended up in a weird bartaring exchange, I had to laugh to myself, ended up at 50%. If you can't eat a dish you shouldn't have to pay anything.

I've tried this place twice, never again. Chiquitos need to sort out the service and take a long hard look at themself.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Goole
“Was treated to a birthday meal here. Disgusting joke interpretation of Mexican food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Having travelled extensively in Texas in the USA over many years I know what good Tex-Mex food should be like. According to the manager of this outlet the restaurants are merely 'Mexican Themed' and the disgusting food bears this out. Worst Fajitas ever tasted and this is a place to avoid if you are any kind of real food lover. Not particularly good value either.

Hull
“Expensive food and drinks!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

After visiting Chiquito's in Hull once before, my friend decided to book it for her birthday - I was dubious to say the least, the experience I had had previous was not the best - however, things can change! Sadly not this time. The food in Chiquito is fine - but ridiculously overpriced for the portion sizes and quality that you receive. The service is average and the restaurant itself is very 'meh'. The bill for the evening was extortionate and the food was highly dissapointing. I will definitely not be going back.

• Visited April 2012