“Mutton not lamb” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Mutton not lamb”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I ordered a lamb pathia but got a mutton pathia very chewy very dry and not nice. It was a Friday night and there was only two tables.

Disappointing exp place looked nice, could have been nice but was not it was below average....will not be going back again sorry...

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

hull
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

After reading all the excellant reviews about this restaurant i dont really know what went wrong with our visit. My husband took me for a meal for my birthday on saturday night, we arrived about 11-30 pm, on arriving we were rushed to our table, given the menu and then had it snatched out of my hand after
ordering our meal. my husband ordered half a tandori chicken on the bone but it was the size of a sparrow and my meat madras had four pieces of meat in it. We have never felt so rushed in our life maybe it was our fault for being late, but the restaurant states it is open until midnight.
One good thing was that we enjoyed our nan bread but would'nt visit again sorry.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“best in area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and I have been going regularly to this restaurant for over twenty years and have always found it to be excellent. Over the years I think we have tried every Indian restaurant in the area as well as the usual Italian, Mexican etc. and of course lots of pubs. Take my word for it, this is the best in the area. The staff are always very friendly including the owners sons, the food is consistently spot on and the place is very clean and comfortable. When i think of the starter and main course (try the chicken achar which I can really recommend) plus a drink each for not a lot more than thirty pounds and I think of some of the overcooked swill served at an inflated price which is offered in some places then I cant understand why the place is often empty. Try it you wont be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“best place ever to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

tandoor mahal is the best place to eat ! the chef cooking is great I would recommend all my friends and family to go eat there all time such a good value for money ! service at tandoor mahal is really good so friendly I have been going to this restaurant for many years now I have never been disappointed with the place such a good family business ran by the father and sons !
I will always be going back to eat there!!!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hull
“Would recommend..!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

booked a table here recently as it was my sons birthday, Sunday to Thursday they do a special menu for £10 4 coarses, could not complain the food was not the best i have ever had but was very good.i paid £1.95 extra as i ordered tandoori chicken tika," as this was not on the £10 menu " it came on a sizzler and was very nice.

we were all happy with the service and food and surroundings, and will defiantly be back.

• Visited May 2013