“Great food ” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Great food ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Eaten here many times either for a late breakfast or for lunch and never been disappointed by the food. I've tried a lot of the menu and enjoyed it all.

Vienna, Austria
“Accidental Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I needed a place to eat on my way into Tunbridge Wells, and this little - then newly opened - cafe's pictogramm sprang in my eyes when I scrolled for places on the tourist board.
We went there early on a Sunday and it was only just opening so we chose the large table where multiple people could share. Not cluttered, light and simple. There are other smaller tables too.
You get a great choice of food, served in lovely laid back but quality crockery.

We went for the breakfast plate and I have to say, this may have been one of the best English Breakfasts I ever had. Sausage was of extremly good quality. Poached egg absolutly finely timed. Beans in a little lidded pot to keep them warm. Quality bread. The tomatos and mushrooms were excellent too. I don't like bacon, so I had mine replaced with no problem when ordering. But I still took a bite of my mate's slice, and it was good (and I really am not a fan of it usually).

The young waitress was polite, but not overly talkative. Then one of the owners came to chat, and that was really nice. The kitchen seems tiny, so two thumbs up for managing to make each and every item on the platter so brilliantly timed.

I was gutted to have forgotten to take one of the massive scones for an afternoon snack. They had loads of other snacks on offer as well.
The owner seem to really love what they are doing and share their process on social media (twitter mainly).

I'd gladly revisit.
The only thing that could have been a bit improved was the appearance of the toilet. But I guess, first things come first when you open up a new place. The important things: food and atmosphere. And they managed that perfect.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greenwich
“Good but not great...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Visited on a Sunday for brunch. First impressions weren't great. Not busy but tables not cleared or cleaned and not welcomed by anyone. Ordered the sharing breakfast platter and a latte and Americano. Both coffees were unpleasant - very weak and no flavour so things were not looking good. However the breakfast was very good. Excellent bacon, loved the beans served in a separate pot, sausage was meaty and full of flavour and the homemade bread was fantastic (although butter on the side would be better). If they can improve the little touches and the coffee this could be fantastic.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect breakfasts and delicious cakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have eaten at daily break for breakfast several times since its opening and each time it never fails to disappointed. The dirty bacon sandwich plays part of my staple weekly breakfast and is made with thick cut bacon and home-made bread. If you haven't tried it out then you must!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Puts Rusthall on the map”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Rusthall didn't have a great deal on the cuisine front until Daily Bread opened last year. It's exactly the sort of place I personally have wanted on my doorstep for years - an unassuming, community-focused place that also happens to have a simple, tasty menu.

My wife and I had an extremely delicious dirty bacon sandwich on our first visit - the bacon was delightful and the bread even better. She had a steak sandwich with onion and caper mayo on her return whilst I opted for the all-day breakfast with fantastic sourdough pancakes afterwards. This is simple, tasty dining at affordable prices without any of the chi-chi nonsense that seems to infect a lot of Tunbridge Wells. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2014