“Chefs table” 5 of 5 stars

East Grinstead, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Chefs table”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

A brilliant evening of good food and banter with John the head chef. After being greeted with champagne and nibbles we sat at the large horseshoe counter to watch John prepare course after course of wonderful food, cooked under our noses. All the time John is dispensing tips and advice about ingredients and techniques. Every course comes with a suggested wine but its not compulsory to imbibe (prices were much lower than standard restaurant by the glass fees).
An excellent night out which can be enjoyed as a group or like us as individuals.

Visited May 2014

Matfield, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“THE BEST RESTARAUNT IN TUNBRIDGE WELLS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This has got to be one of the best kept culinary secrets in Tunbridge Wells. Rosemary Shragers, chefs table at her cookery school only sits twice a week, Friday & Saturday although they will take special bookings in the week.
John Rogers is the main man. His cooking skills are amazing. We had a 7 coarse taster menu which was tailored to our request. As it was my 50th their were some nice surprises along the way.
The food was cooked in front of us which was a great joy to watch John using his skills to create the most incredible dishes. He was supported by Jonny who kept our wine glasses full through out the evening and played a great supporting role through out the night. We had the studio to ourselves which is the case if you book over 10 places.
Although it is well kept secret it does get booked up early.
I would highly recommend a visit as it is the best meal I have ever had out in TW if not the UK.
Thank you to John, Jonny and Agnes for a memorable evening.

Visited April 2014
Sussex
3 attraction reviews
“Chef's Table”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We joined 8 other guests for a Chef's Table on the 22nd March. What a great night out with all eight courses a delight. The stand out dish was the main course of a light curry of halibut with additions of cauliflower presented in different ways. It was a perfect evening out for me, a relatively good cook and discerning eater (no not fussy) being presented by dish after dish of fantastic food that I would not myself attempt. The narrative entertainment provided by John Rogers, Johnny and the other guests made the evening great fun as well.

Visited March 2014
London
3 attraction reviews
“Private Chef's Table - Fantastic Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I wanted to do something a little different from a standard restaurant meal for my birthday and this experience didn't disappoint.

John and his team were excellent, he phoned me a week before to discuss the menu and dietary requirements and all 15 of my guests were catered for brilliantly. Our evening was very informal and John's team were happy to interact with us and explain what they were preparing/cooking and answer our questions. The venue is lovely and immaculately clean.

The food was amazing, really tasty and wines were recommended with each course which really completed the meal. A good time was had by all, and I would thoroughly recommend the chef's table - if its not booked up already!

Visited December 2013
Kent
“Amazing chefs table”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Went with 10 friends to the Rosemary Shragers Cookery school Chefs Table. I had heard great things about this culinary experience and it didn't disappoint. John Rogers Is a Class' act, he personally called me the day before to discuss the menu for the following evening. On arrival we received a glass of champagne and canapés. We had the whole studio to ourselves and sat at the central carousel while John cookeda. Seven coarse taster menu for us and Jonny served us a Wide choice of wine. The food was out of this world. While John does not currently have a Michelin start the food he delivered was certainly Michelin standard, it was incredible.
We arrived at 7.30pm and left at 12.30am. We all agreed that it was an outstanding evening and the best food that I have ever sampled in Tunbridge Wells. It is no wonder that the Chefs tables are booked up to the end of the year, I think....
Well done John & Jonny for putting on such a memorable evening .

Thanks Steve