“Work leaving meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: NOW OPEN 6 NIGHTS PER WEEK (Tuesday to Sunday - (Sunday open for collection and delivery Only) Tulip Foods UK Pizza Chef of the Year Award Winner - PAPA Awards 2013. At La Fiamma, we want to bring you a truly memorable pizza, made with great ingredients and traditional methods and cooked in our amazing wood-fired oven. Apart form being named in the Guardian's Top 8 pizza places in the country in August 2013, In November at the Pizza, Pasta and Italian Food Association's (PAPA) Awards ceremony in London on November 14th, 2013, Our owner and chef was named Pizza Chef of the Year.
Haywards Heath, England, United Kingdom
“Work leaving meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Simon and his team in La Fiamma made the team from Majestic Wine TW feel very welcomed and at home! Tasty food, personable service and great atmosphere - and very accommodating to our requests! A great send off for me from Tunbridge Wells, and I know all the team really enjoyed the night!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Simon698, Owner at La Fiamma, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
I'm sorry it's taken such a long time to respond to your review. I really want to thank you for going to the trouble of leaving such a nice review and also saying such pleasant things about our food.

I hope that everything is going well in your new job and wish you all the best for the future.

Thanks again.

Simon

92% Recommend
Tunbridge Wells
“Top class pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

One of the best pizza meals I have had. A great restaurant for families. All five of us really enjoyed the meal , atmosphere and ther friendly service.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Simon698, Owner at La Fiamma, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for such a lovely review. I'm really, really pleased you enjoyed the meal. We are now focussing on home delivery and takeaway although you can still in eat in the restaurant on the lower floor.

Thanks again for a really positive review.

Simon :)
“Vera pizza Inglese”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I went here as part of a group. The antipasti lacked imagination. The pizzas weren't that great. The base was better than Strada's. The toppings were as good as Papa John's. The overall pizza experience isn't as good as Zizzi's. The pizzas were far from Italian. The only thing that looked Italian was the pizza oven. The food was ok.

Simon698, Owner at La Fiamma, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for submitting your review, which came as something of a surprise to me.

I am sorry that our antipasti failed to live up to your expectations. So that future customers are aware, the antipasti currently consists of the following delicatessen ingredients: Salami Milano, Chorizo, Proscioutto di Parma, Roasted Tomato, Roasted Pepper, Artichoke, Fresh Fillet of Anchovy, Sunblush Tomatoes, Sundried Tomatoes, Olives Provencal, Mozzarella, Cambozola, Fresh Basil, Parmeggiano Reggiano, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic. In our experience, most people who have this dish enjoy it. It costs just £5.95

Feedback received via Twitter for the same weekend of your visit was as follows:

fab pizza
Delicious
Delicious Meal
best pizza ever
best pizza in town

There was no other detrimental feedback that I have seen. These tweets have been favourited by us. See @laFiammaTW.

We go to great lengths to ensure that our offering is of a very high standard. Our Pizza base is Gran Farina Tipo 00, imported from Italy. We only use Extra Virgin Olive Oil. We use Italian Tomatoes to make our sauce and 100% Mozzarella Cheese.

For our toppings, we roast all of our meats here in the WoodStone Wood Fire Oven and everything that its feasible to prepare on the premises is prepared here.

We were one of the 8 best pizzas in the country in an article published in the Guardian in August, which you can read by visiting our website via tripadvisor where you will find the link.

This week we are in the finals of the UK Pizza Chef of the Year 2013, having finished first in one of the categories in the South East Regional Heat.

Most of the people that visit this restaurant are incredibly complimentary and our growing number of regular customers are aware that we try very hard and go to a much greater expense to ensure that we are providing food of a superior quality.

We also try to provide an environment which is convivial. I would say 95% of our customers are warm and friendly people, but of course occasionally we have to put up with people who are rude to the point of being offensive, desperately trying to find issues and just generally hostile to us, from the beginning to the end of their meal. Naturally, we hope these people find somewhere else to dine rather than return to us.
Tunbridge Wells
“Brilliant Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We dont usual wander up to this part of town but I'm glad we did and we popped in here on the off chance of a table being free on a Friday evening. I think we were extremely lucky to be accommodated.

A very warm welcome was afforded to us which is always a good sign. The hostess on learning this was our first visit gave us the heads up on all the important things we needed to know.

We started with the antipasti which gave a wide selection of hams,cheeses, and other goodies. The better half had Caprese which was shared and all tasted a treat, rounded off with gorgeous garlic bread.

I had the signature pizza, La Fiamma, which looked great and tasted even better.

Pizzas are baked in a real wood oven which all adds to the atmosphere within the cosy environment.

The house red is highly recommended.

A thoroughly enjoyable experience, I can safely say we will be back in the not too distant future. Mind you think we will have to book next time.

Only negative point and its a small one is the table for two is tiny and struggles to contain two main dish plates comfortably

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Simon698, Owner at La Fiamma, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hi and thank you so much for leaving such positive comments about the food and service! That is the most important thing we can do (although I do hear you about the tables!) I thank you so much for taking the time to review and Sara said you were very nice too! We hope to see you again soon! Kind regards, Simon :))
London
“Simply lovely ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I've just got back to my hotel after a wonderful meal at La Fiamma and had such a lovely evening that I am compelled to write a review right away.

Having found the restaurant via TA and being sold on the back of the Guardian article we had high hopes, especially as pizza is my desert island food. Thankfully, the food and the service lived up to our hopes.

Our waitress, Clare, was wonderful, being indulgent of the long time it took us to decide and helpfully suggesting that they could create any pizza I wanted (in the end inadvertently lengthening the ordering process as it opened up a whole new world of possibilities).

Starters were very tasty but when the main event of pizza arrived I was almost wishing I'd kept the room in order to fit more pizza in. Perfect base and great toppings; you can't ask for a lot more.

And despite being stuffed I was sold on the idea of their locally-made ice cream, and thank god I was. The best honeycomb ice-cream I've had. Ever.

Nice atmosphere, friendly and attentive service and great food at a reasonable price. Can you ask for more in a restaurant? I'll be back in Tunbridge Wells next month and I will most certainly be back.

Simon698, Owner at La Fiamma, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hi Paulie! Well what can I say? That was such a lovely review! Im so grateful that you had such a good time - it was a genuine pleasure to meet you guys and I am honestly so glad you enjoyed the meal and left such a warm review. I really hope we will see you again next month! I hope all is going well for all of you! Warmest regards, Simon :)))