“Lovely Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

58 The Pantiles, Royal Tunbridge Wells TN2 5TD, England   |
England
“Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed in the Honeymoon suite as part of our anniversary celebrations.
The staff were helpful, attentive and unobtrusive. The room was beautifully decorated and stylishly understated. It's also in a great location on the Georgian Pantiles, the charming part of Royal Tunbridge Wells.
However, a couple of slight niggles that, had we stayed for more than one night, would hopefully have been resolved. A fabulous stand alone, roll-top bath greets your arrival in the room, but no bathrobes. And although there was 24/7 room service, we couldn't find any menus in the room.
As I said these are minor niggles and I'd stay again and recommend it.
We ate dinner elsewhere but the Bistro food looked good and breakfast was delicious.
Hopefully the high standards will be maintained.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here 23rd March in the honeymoon suite. It has a wonderfull comfy bed and a large bath in the centre of the room.What a great room! would thoroughly recommend this hotel. Great location, lovely staff, will definately be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Southwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We chose to visit Tunbridge Wells before visiting nearby Chartwell and came across this hotel online. We were unsure how to check in and get a parking permit for the nearby car park but after a phone call a staff member told us to pull up outside and came out to give us a permit. We were offered a choice of two rooms (family suites as we had our teenage son with us). The room we had was beautifully decorated and very clean. The bed was big and comfy and I loved the roll top bath. We enjoyed a lovely afternoon shopping in the town, nice to see so many thriving independent shops. We decided to dine in the hotel's brasserie in the evening and found the food and service to be superb as was breakfast the following morning. The duty manager was extremely helpful and friendly and kindly helped us carry our luggage back to the car. Overall, we found the service to be of a very high standard and we loved the quirky but classy decor throughout the hotel and restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RoyalTunbridge Wells
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here 28th Feb
The room was small but really nicely decorated and had a pretty carved bed. Everything's newly decorated and it's been done very tastefully and totally in keeping with the age and character of the building which is situated in the beautiful Pantiles area of Royal Tunbridge Wells.
The bathroom was tiny, but again, very tastefully done. The shower was excellent,and I wanted to steal the wall tiles...where's your chisel when you need it?
Everything was scrupulously clean, and even the flatscreen TV was high quality.
You have to access the hotel through the restaurant, which is slightly confusing, but as I live in the town, I was aware of this.
I hope this hotel is a success.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was moved here as Smith and Western got their booking wrong-and I was really looking forward to it. Right on the Pantiles, the check in was smooth and the duty manager very friendly. First impressions of the room were good and the bed was lovely! I had a pleasant evening out and came back to the room, which by now was feeling distinctly cold. The main issue I think was the sash window, which is probably listed so I appreciate difficult to alter. Anyway, I was in Room 10, which faces the Pantiles and I could literally hear people's footsteps as they passed by outside. When they were arguing I felt like joining in. I was surprised by how many people did walk past and how much noise they made. I then turned off the lights to find that the smoke detector-which was directly above me had a bright red blinking light. You have no idea how annoying that was. Every time I half woke up, the red light disturbed me further. And after a cold, noisy and blinking night, the shower was tepid at best! It was a shame! (and the Duty manager who checked me in, was also the night porter who checked me out!)

Room Tip: Dont have room 10!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Ok, so at first, it feels like you're staying in a restaurant rather than a hotel; there's no hotel reception and you check-in the bistro. But once the very friendly staff have shown you to your room, then all is forgiven. The rooms are very authentic and have a real boutique feel, and seem very fitting to the surroundings and the Pantiles district of town. We were surprised that our room didn't have a hair-dryer or any biscuits (!) (but available if you ask), but that didn't stop us thinking that the hotel was wonderful.
We liked the view over the Pantiles, the amazing bath in our room (room 21), the powerful shower, the opulent feel without being excessive, the staff, the continental breakfast (very fitting as there is a French feel to the whole place) and the antique bed. The bistro also looked really good but we didn't eat there for our 1-night stay.
The hotel is still very new, and I hope that it does really well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

An overnight stay at the newly refurbished Tunbridge Wells Hotel whilst attending a party in the town. First impressions weren't very good with no obvious reception area and general confusion when I asked to check in. The hotel is a little bit of a rabbit warren, you suspect a legacy of the original architecture, but from here everything went uphill. A decent size, tastefully decorated room, big comfy bed and well done bathroom. We didn't eat in the restaurant which had a great buzz about it when we left to go off to the party. Sunday morning and a great breakfast, again a lovely buzz about the restaurant and the sense that here's somewhere you could enjoy a lazy meal and a good bottle of wine. Early days and I'm sure the little things will get ironed out (would actually have given three and half as a rating right now, but with good promise !). A great addition to the somewhat limited hotel choice in TW.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Tunbridge Wells Hotel? Share your experiences!