“A great place to relaX” 5 of 5 stars

01892 512909
Website
Improve this listing
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“A great place to relaX”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Discovered this gem a short walk from Tunbridge Wells station. Great to relax and unwind after a commute. They do a range of treatments and one off packages but also memberships. There is a large salt water pool so no chlorine smell, a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. The relaxation room allows you to relax and chat. Robes, towels and slippers are provided. There is a really peaceful relaxing atmosphere. I came out feeling relaxed and refreshed.

Visited April 2013

Rayleigh, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Pure Luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I visited with my two daughters. One is pregnant and it was her birthday so we treated her to the Mother To Be package. She fell asleep during her facial it was so relaxing! She was pampered from head to feet literally and loved it.
The changing room smells heavenly when you enter. One quibble is that it would be nice to have a personal changing room as its communal which was fine as it was just us 3.
I had the 25min back, arms and shoulder massage. The room was so calming with dimmed lights and candles and soft music playing. The therapist asked me if I liked a gentle or firmer massage. I told her that I had back pain due to severe stress with house moving problems so would like a firmer massage. The couch was heated and she used heated gloves at start of massage which I hoped wouldn't continue as it was all rather hot! But the gloves were removed after a few minutes and she did a wonderful job. During the massage she didn't speak, which at first I found uncomfortable, but realised you don't come to chat but relax! The time went very quickly and I sat outside in the air-conditioned seating area on comfortable loungers with soft blankets to pull over you afterwards. The atmosphere is of a Moroccan room, drapes and lights. Very classy. There are water dispensers and cups placed around and I was brought a drink at the end of my treatment.
My other daughter had a facial and said it was wonderful too.
We went into the jacuzzi which foams up when it's working-lovely and warm. The black slate salt water swimming pool feels tepid after the sauna and steam room but is large although apart from 2 other ladies we had it to our selves.
A wonderful experience as a luxury treat, as it was expensive for the 4 hours we stayed there. We could have stayed longer but as we arrived at lunchtime for our treatments we were all starving by 4 so had to eat!

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Lovely Relaxing Spa Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I bought a voucher for spa escape for my mum as a Christmas treat, but decided to join her and spend the day together.
We each had our treatments in separate rooms, although we were offered the option to have them together.
Our spa day began with a tour of the spa and then we were left to change into our robes which were left in lockers ready for us. My mum used all of the facilities at the spa (I was unable to use the heat areas due to being pregnant) and we had a nice swim in the pool.
I had a pregnancy massage and my mum had a facial. My massage was very relaxing and was with good pressure (I asked for a firm pressure). The therapist was very professional and the room was warm with a calming atmosphere. When I met my mum after our treatments, on the relaxation loungers, she said her experience was of the same high standard. After chilling out for a while we then had a delicious afternoon tea together in the lounge. As it was a weekday the lounge wasn't too busy so we felt that we could relax and chat for ages whilst enjoying all the yummy food.
We will definitely be back!

Kent, UK
13 attraction reviews
“Relaxing massage but too many negatives”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I booked in for a spa experience at Spa Escape courtesy of a Travelzoo voucher. The experience was ok but could have been better. After a very pleasant welcome and a quick tour of the spa we went to get changed. No slippers or footwear were provided - just a robe and towel. The lockers in the changing rooms are ridiculously small - a rucksack filled mine with barely any room for anything else. The shower was luke warm. The black slated pool looked inviting and was relaxing and also empty. The jacuzzi was luke warm and lots of foam was produced in a v short space of time - not sure what was in the water! The sauna and steam room both evidenced a lack of cleaning with dirt and debris on the floor of both. The hour long aromatherapy massage was excellent. The staff were professional, polite and attentive. A sign of a good massage is if puts my partner to sleep - and it did! The relaxation room has great comfy beds. But it would have been nice to have been offered a drink after the massage as opposed to water from a dispenser. Also the staff room is rigth next to the relaxation room and you could clearly hear two members of staff eating their lunch and chatting. For the price we paid it was fine but would have been reluctant to pay full price given the condition of some of the facilities and the negative points. Will probably not be returning and certainly not until they get a new boiler installed. The spa break market offers a huge choice at very competitive prices and there are better options out there.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Freezing cold jacuzzi - very poor value”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My daughter bought us both a spa package though Expedia. The total price Was £140. When we arrived at 10 am the jacuzzi was freezing. There was also an odd damp smell in the steram room. We went to reception to report the jacuzzi problem and were told: 'I'll go and turn it up. It takes a while to get warm.' It was still freezing cold at 12 noon and so we left. We complained to the manager who said' It's only the jacuzzi; the pool is the right temperature. Given there is no gym and only a ppol steam room sauna and (cold) jacuzzi, this is not good value. The visit included one facial and a very rudimentary manicure. Not a place I would recommend.

Visited February 2013
DavidGl_13, Owner at Spa Escape, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Spa User,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent visit to our Spa. I can only apologise if you did not enjoy your visit. In respect of the jacuzzi we acknowledge that it was not to temperature. This was due to a failure of the thermostat which regulates the temperature. As soon as we were made aware of the problem we arranged for it to be fixed. This was done on the same day as the fault happened. As I am sure you appreciate sometimes plant and equipment can fail and this is beyond our control. What is within our control is how quickly we fix the problem and the service we offer to any guest affected by the problem. In this instance we apologised unreservedly and offered you and your daughter a complimentary return visit to the Spa. At the time of the visit you and your daughter stated that you were very happy with the offer that we made and it is therefore somewhat of a shame to now read your review on Trip Advisor.

In regard to the treatments that you and your daughter booked and received these were part of our Introductory Offer which consisted of a 55 minute facial and a 25 minute mini manicure which included a hand massage, file and polish. We do of course offer our classic manicure or luxury manicure which last 45 minutes and 1 hour respectively and could have been purchased should you have wished to have a more comprehensive manicure. I do believe that the treatments offered as part of our offer coupled with the use of our Spa facilities which includes a pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna offer exceptional value for money.

I am extremely sorry to note that you would not currently recommend us but trust that when you return for your complimentary visit that you will reassess your opinion of the Spa and that you will have the same positive experience that our other guests enjoy.