“My Way For Mother's Day!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
west sussex
“My Way For Mother's Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Last year we went to The Spa Hotel and the Mother's Day Lunch was good in it's elegant surroundings - this year we left it too late to book there so checked out Trip Advisor for an alternative and found Fillipo's My Way. My wife's criteria for a successful Mother's Day lunch is good food, good atmosphere, good service and comfortable seats - so it was a tall order! However, we were really pleased with our choice - the food in Filippo's My Way is excellent, the staff attentive, the atmosphere livened by some great Italian opera in the background and the chairs very comfortable! There was a Mother's Day set menu that had something for all of us - including our two grown up children. All prepared in an authentic Italian way. We'll be back to Fillippo's My Way again very soon to work Our Way through their menu! Thank you Fillipo for making my wife's day so special. (If going to My Way by car, use the multistorey after the Tun Wells theatre to park and it's a very short walk to Calverley Road).

• Visited March 2013

south east
“A little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

After searching for a good Italian restraurant near Crowborough... we were recommended My Place in Tunbridge wells by friends...

We were very pleasantly surprised by the service and quality of the food along with the ample portions. My husband who thinks of himself as a "friendly food critic"...never ceased to enthuse about the food all through the evening....the best italian food he had ever tasted...ever... so I think we will be going back.

So if you like good quality food ( try the steak rare yummy!)cooked properly with efficient service at sensible prices then this is the place to try.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Half past six on a freezing February Sunday evening is not the best time to visit an untried restaurant. However, the welcome was as warm as a summer day and the food was reminiscent of a lazy Italian afternoon in the sunshine. We had a seafood platter and seafood pasta which was as light as angel's sigh (medium slze portion) to start and both had veal as a main course. Bruschetta on arrival and a complimentary Ameretto and Grappa after a generous cheeseboard and affegato ice cream just added to the whole package and made for a very enjoyable and relaxed evening. Lorenzo was a cracking front of house host and on the way out we were introduced to Filippo who was in the kitchen. Very reasonably priced house wine was excellent value. A great find and one we shall be returning to again and again.

• Visited February 2013
Tunbridge Wells
“A fantastic evening all round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

What a fantastic meal we had with you last night and superb service. Fillipo and Lorenzo treated us extremely well and we enjoyed conversation about beautiful Italy too. We enjoyed complimentary bruschetta on arrival, then chose a bottle of Chianti, thoroughly delicious. Then the stuffed mushrooms and the veal cooked in worcester sauce and cream and tomatoes.Fresh vegetables on the side accompanying. Finishing with a wonderful Italian chocolate ice cream. We finished off with delicious Amaretto to drink too. We felt totally spoiled and special. Thanks a lot and we will definitely be back with friends.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Second time I've visited. Lovely food. Very friendly and welcoming owner. Quirky decor adds to the experience! Was recommended to come here by friends- and I was very pleased! Will definitely return soon!