“Someone who cares about beer and food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub, Organic
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located in the centre of Tunbridge Wells, The Wells Kitchen offers a pub with modern decor and a comfortable atmosphere. The bar features a great selection of drinks, focused on affordable quality with a twist - the premium spirit and cocktail list has been hand crafted by two barmen with over 15 years of experience and knowledge between them, listing both classic and modern drinks as well as a selection of original recipes of their own. Upstairs is Bar Kitsch, our lounge bar open on Friday and Saturday nights till 2am. The town's funkiest bar combines relaxed areas with an upbeat feel, fantastic drinks and areas available to reserve. Our food is locally sourced and prepared fresh by our head chef, Chris Cook. It focuses on pub classics as well as modern dishes and some fantastic game and steak. We also have a lighter, grazing menu available in the pub.The venues unique twist comes with a locally sourced selection of lagers and ales on tap - no mass produced brands, just home-grown quality in a glass. The range offers something for everyone and our wide range of some of the worlds number one lagers and craft beers adds even more depth! We're more than happy to help you in the initial choice that will keep you coming back for more. Areas are available to reserve every night of the week and we're able to host anything from 10 - 150 people upstairs in Bar Kitsch or in the pub. The pub is also child friendly - we have highchairs, colouring books and crayons to keep the little ones entertained!
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“Someone who cares about beer and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Today after a day shopping with my expecting better half and mother in law, I convinced them to let me have a pint of beer that has taken more than six days to brew, was I disappointed ? No way!!! Meantime London stout, south of M25 what a treat and then Freedom ale, beer kept extremely well and food was very tasty.
Will definitely be back.

Visited April 2013

83% Recommend
Kent
“Great food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Went here last Tuesday for a friends birthday - my first visit, and I was pleasantly surprised. First of all the waiter was brilliant, friendly and enthusiastic. The food was delicious, I had the lamb and it was great. Will definitely return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tunbridge Wells, England, United Kingdom
“Terrible service and no flexibility on the menu”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I came here for lunch on Easter Sunday with my vegetarian girlfriend after she spotted a vegetarian stew on their "Easter Menu" in the window.

We took our seats and looked through the menu but couldn't spot the advertised stew so asked the waitress about it and she informed us that it was in fact down as Vegetable Moussaka on this menu. We queried this with her as in our understanding Moussaka is a very different dish to the stew and my girlfriend really did not want Moussaka or the other veggie option of a vegetarian burger.

We had by now ordered drinks which had just arrived when we asked another waiter about the situation. He informed us that there was no stew and the menu in the window was only the "Easter menu" which apparently included Good Friday, Saturday and Easter Monday only!! As it was a Sunday they were sticking to their Sunday lunch menu which we found more than a little confusing.

I asked if there was any possibility of having the stew (as after all it had been advertised - or be it, wrongly!) and they said no. I also asked about the possibility of making a Nut Roast, but again the answer was no.

Seeing as there were no other suitable vegetarian options, we were left with no choice but to try somewhere else...but we were still charged full price for our drinks which came to £5.50 for a coke and a lemonade!

I think that it is very short-sighted of restaurants not to offer a vegetarian roast on a Sunday as although there were plenty of dishes I could have chosen, the vegetarian options were very limited - as they are in many restaurants in Tunbridge Wells.

All in all it was a real shame as I regularly enjoy a drink in the bar at this place, but this was the first time I have tried to eat there (having heard some good things from friends) and I certainly won't be rushing back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
london
“Great & Friendly service and OK food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We visited last Sunday and the waiters were really helpful and friendly. The food was OK was except for the Hummus sharing platter which we thought was rather sparse for 2 to share and the Tzatziki was definitely not up to the quality of the wonderful hummus.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“Fantastic Service. Great Pub Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had a wonderful evening here which was punctuated by excellent, confident and friendly service. The Wells Kitchen serve lots of sharing platters so ideal if you come in a group or with a partner. We had a sharing platter to start and burgers for our main. The triple cooked chips were so good that they rivalled the chips we had the night before at a Michelin starred restaurant! The atmosphere was relaxed and welcoming so much so that we stayed at our table drinking and eating for around 3 hours. We gorged and gormandised our way through dessert and cheese. Lovely wine menu. Great staff. Would highly recommend. There is also a pub next door which is open to 2am.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere