We have just spent possibly the worst night ever in this hotel. On the outside this is a beautiful building with lovely grounds. The spa facilities are mediocre but the room was terrible.
The bed was saggy and soft. The room was boiling - even with the windows open. Both myself and my other half woke up sweating due to the heat. There is no noise proofing, you can hear people walking down the corridor and a group of people could easily be heard shouting and banging outside of our room in the early hours of the morning.
The layout of the room leaves a lot to be desired. They have randomly provided facilities by just sticking them on the wall. For example a random box has been screwed to the wall containing the tea and coffee making facilities with no thought to the decor of the room.
Overall we have had a terrible stay here not the relaxing spa break we had hoped for. We could not recommend this hotel at all. There are far better options in Tunbridge Wells.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 18th century mansion is situated within 14 acres of beautiful gardens and grounds, just a short walk from the town centre. Facilities include 70 bedrooms, spa and leisure club, contemporary bar and award winning restaurant, ample free car parking and wifi. The Hotel has undergone significant, sympathetic refurbishment since it was purchased by the Scragg family in 2007 and is now the Hotel of choice in Royal Tunbridge Wells. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, LateRooms, Hotel.de and Odigeo so you can book your The Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Royal Tunbridge Wells
- The Spa Hotel Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent