Sadly the reason for my visit on this occasion was for a close family members wake.... Never the best of events, we hired the York suite a very pleasant room with its own bar and ample space for the 60 + guests we had, we had Pre ordered afternoon tea for our guests, I have to say this was very nicely done with finger sandwiches, plain and fruit scones with jam and clotted cream and a selection of cakes and tartlets with well made tea & coffee.. I think it's only fair to say I have had afternoon tea in a few very nice venues where they couldn't get it right or two people let alone the task we set the spa of 60+ we also had the bar open which was contained within the room and served by a very organised polite member of the staff ( well done Charlie ) events like this can often be quite rushed and disorganised, the spa got it spot on right we were given space and the right level of service to make it perfect.
I have stayed in the hotel on a few occasions as well and always found the rooms to be well appointed, clean and comfortable I really would recommend this hotel for events and the odd nights sleep when in Tunbridge Wells.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 18th century mansion is situated within 14 acres of beautiful gardens and grounds, just a short walk from the town centre. Facilities include 70 bedrooms, spa and leisure club, contemporary bar and award winning restaurant, ample free car parking and wifi. The Hotel has undergone significant, sympathetic refurbishment since it was purchased by the Scragg family in 2007 and is now the Hotel of choice in Royal Tunbridge Wells. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Expedia so you can book your The Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Royal Tunbridge Wells
- The Spa Hotel Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent