“A restaurant alone” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: As one of the few independent Italian restaurants in Tunbridge Wells we aim to serve authentic Italian food, produced in house, using the freshest and best quality ingredients, locally sourced, when possible, in a clean and friendly environment, to make it a "bella" experience
Tunbridge Wells
“A restaurant alone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

In a stepford town where every space is stuffed with a chain restaurant or gastropub serving pretentious, inedible food run by pompous managers and where you're served by insolent teenagers, Palio stands alone. The owners, the staff and the constent standards, lift your spirits and make every visit a mini-event. I am very grateful that it exists.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“perfect pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Been here a few times now, never disappointed. great pizzas, hell great food all round, excellent value, not the friendliest of service each time but generally quite good.

Visited June 2012
Dover, United Kingdom
“One word - FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Every single thing about this evening, from the minute we walked in to a warm welcome to the time we left with a warm goodbye. We went to Palio as I had a 'discovery' voucher which entitled myself and my sister who I went with a lovely set taster menu. We had 5 mini starters, 5 mini mains and 4 mini desserts to share... All totally out of this world! The service I could not fault and being in the restaurant business myself and knowing how standards should be I was not disappointed. Myself and my sister walked away from an absolutely faultless evening. WELL DONE everyone there. We will be back!!!!

Kent
“Antipasti for one”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I visited this restaurant in the belief that good food was served and it was true! But as restaurants go that extra mile to keep their customers happy this one does at a push!!
My mother who was with me had wanted to order the ANTIPASTI for one but it only came as a two share i wanted the Prawns as a starter ( when it came to order the waitress wasn't interested in making the customer happy when my mother became upset that she couldn't have the anipasti for one). So i had a word with the head waiter about this ( metioned this website) which i don't do very often!! The head waiter Max agreed to it ( begrudgingly too )
Then when the food arrived as it does take a while !! The food was lovely accept the antipasti seemed standard compared to other Itallian restaurants in the town!! The service picked up after i had a word about the ANTIPASTI!! Which is a shame as the food should match the service from the beginning. The food was great Banoffee Pie ( Amazing) Tortellini with Porcini Mushrooms was wonderful quite filling too. Would i go back again? thats something i'd have to think about as i'm not sure?? I love itallian food!! But in the beginning they didn't say ( yes we can do that for you ma'dam no problem) This review isn't bad but isn't good either but if you have to step on some toes to get the service you expect! then so be it!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Crowborough, England, United Kingdom
“Sophiticated and popular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Run by chefs I believe who are passionate about food. Great service, interesting choice of food, lovely restaurant. We had a lovely summers lunch there when it was empty so not much atmosphere except for the student practicing his guitar outside which was nice. Gets busy at the weekends in the evenings though so need to book.