“Med feel on a sunny day at the Wells” 4 of 5 stars

01892 520007
Website
Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the charming town of Tunbridge Wells, Strada continues to serve authentic Italian food in modern and stylish surroundings. The restaurant has an open kitchen that serves up freshly prepared dishes such as grilled meat and fish dishes, fresh pastas, risottos and pizzas theatrically spun by hand. Strada Tunbridge Wells is a part of the well-known group of contemporary Italian restaurants located on the high street serving good quality, simple, freshly prepared dishes using the finest seasonal produce available.
Dover, United Kingdom
“Med feel on a sunny day at the Wells”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We only had drinks as we were a little lost and rather hot. It was wonderful in the sun watching the Locals at play. Lovely strong coffee more like a espresso, and just the rejuvenation I needed. Menu seemed good value from what I can see and certainly the feel of the place was very nice so found some of the previous reviews a little unfair.

Visited August 2013

58% Recommend
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Expensive for what it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Quite pricey, but that's to be expected in TW, £9 for a small glass of wine and a lunch dish. I think because everything is sourced from Italy or something, I didn't really pay attention as I was hungry and happy to find an outside seat in the sun with Lachie the Wundardog!

Mr Roo enjoyed his pasta, though he could have eaten about 4x the amount (as is the way with stuffed pasta!), and my Padano (SP) - stuffed and toasted flatbread, was delicious.

Service was lovely, but at £20 for a lunch of one dish, I'm not sure I would return!

Visited August 2012
East Sussex, UK
“consistently good food and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Eaten here more times than I care to remember and its always very good.
Lovely menu, food always fresh and tasty, some more unusual dishes featured which is good to see.
Fish dishes good, interesting salads, and puddings are fab. Service always with a smile.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Southwell, United Kingdom
“evening meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My grandson and i was in tunbridge for a near by golf competion we dropped in this place on the off chance on a friday night about 6pm the ambience was good and very busy we was escorted upstairs the decor was contempary the tables was clean we got the drinks fairly quickly served by a lovely smiling young girl the menu was given at the same time both of us choose chichen with fries and salad it was cooked well and there was ample the sweet was ok it was italian ice cream not bad but not great we finished with coffee the bill including one large wine one orange main and one sweet was £38 average really would we go back yes

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tunbridge Wells
“I remember now why I have passed it by many times”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went there late one night after a drink in the Hotel du vin. We ordered a pizza and garlic bread.....I am not sure what we actually ended up with. The garlic bread resembled a flat pancake with a couple of spoon fools of tomato sauce, completely tasteless. The pizza burnt with hardly any base. Extremely poor service....you could be mistaken for thinking that you were in a polish cafe bar. what the hell has happened to this restaurant...

• Visited May 2013