“Finally some real Indian food not Bangladeshi dished designed for the British.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flavours By Kumar

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 149 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: An authentic Indian Restaurant opened by a renowned Indian chef Anil Kumar. Food for me has always been an adventure. My aim is to convey my passion for Indian cuisine in a way which gives you a taste of perfect Indian dishes. I hope you enjoy the taste of our Indian cuisine of the Indian subcontinent. We are open daily between 12pm-2.30Pm and 5.30Pm-10.00Pm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Really nice food and a great welcome from the staff down to the actual chef (kuma). Everything was perfectly balanced especially the korma which had a beautiful taste of cardamon running through it, a garlic naan that was light and didn't feel like the duvet textured ones you normally get in other restaurant. If you have taste buds and don't need a chicken tikka masala than please go
Here. Ps we finished with a rose & coconut creme brûlée which tasted immensely nice.

Sam/Kirsty

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kingston
“A revelation ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Really good food after a warm welcome. An interesting menu, amuse bouche and a chat with the chef, what more could you want?

Bordeaux, France
“Saturday Night in a Storm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were lucky to find a table for three having been driven in by a sudden thunderstorm.
The food was very very good and different from a more traditional English Indian

Visited July 2014
kent
“A good family meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We'd eaten here during May and when we heard there was a family celebration, we decided to book here. All in the group love Indian food with 3 people being Indian/the rest British. The owner was very accomodating, I spoke with him on the phone, I booked the menu, table with him a week in advance, all as planned.
On the night of our meal, we were greeted and sat and waited for all our guests, I was suprised that on a Wedneday the restaurant would be so full, maybe 7 tables were occupied. This meant that the meal was a little on the slow side being served compared to lunchtime which is relatively quick, there again we had a group of 8 people, so to be expected. The food was very good, traditional Indian with, little samples added between the meals (a nice touch). The ambience was nice, subtle bollywood music in the background. Everyone enjoyed their dishes accept for one who never eats Indian and although we asked for a mild plate she suffered indigestion all evening as a result of spicy food. The waiters were cheerful, the chef was interested in our opinions of his food, service took longer maybe 2 hours for starters, main, dessert, but we were all okay and enjoying the evening. Just a tiny niggle about the bill which I mentioned in feedback. it was a very pleasant indeed and other guests were impressed with the quality and authentic food. Thank you and look forward to another meal.

A few bits of feedback which you might appreciate: Firstly, we love Indian cuisine and have travelled extensively in India so appreciate the spicy food and different flavours. It might be a good idea to have one dish on the menu that people who come with a group such as ours (don't eat Indian) can enjoy their food non spicy too. I don't know what to suggest, maybe a vegetarian tart (for veggies) maybe grilled chicken for those who don't like spices, a potato dish/dosa type dish without masala:). I love Indian food but often we have to eat in another because someone doesn't want spicy food. There is always one person in a group who can't eat spices so it means they can enjoy the fun too without the after effects and I can eat Indian rather than Italian!.

Secondly, my only niggle/not critiscism would be that when I came to pay the bill after a great evening, I was a little taken back by the waiter's comment. He gave me the bill after telling me that he would bring it to the table, I asked if I could have it at the bar, as I did not want my other half or his father paying (which would have happened had the bill been brought to the table). I told him that I was paying the bill, I think he understood in the end. Then I was checking it quickly, as there were 8 of us, I always check the bill over, I think most people do moreover when a restaurant is busy. He made a comment "I wouldn't over-charge you" laughing as I continued to glance over it. I was a little taken back by that. I was very happy up until that point, I did leave a good tip for their service as everything was delightful until I came to pay for the bill and my party were made to feel welcome. May I suggest, that it is the customer's perogative to check their bill if they so wish. This would not put me off coming as everything else was very good.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

The most amazing meal locally I have ever had. The food was hot, fresh and so tasty. The staff couldn't do enough for you. Lovely ambience. Perfect.

• Visited July 2014