“A lovely new place to eat” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“A lovely new place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visited on a Saturday evening and it was not exactly heaving with people, although there were several occupied tables. The reception was friendly and the surroundings very pleasant. The menu is varied and we took ages deciding what to have, having worked out that we could not manage a bit of everything! They were out of the sherry that I had ordered but I was happy to choose something else to drink.

I agree with another reviewer that the price for sake is pretty astronomical, bearing in mind that I can buy a bottle of it in Waitrose for under £7, but this was a meal out and a treat, so we had it anyway (and it was lovely).

The food itself was wonderful, the bento box I ordered was more than adequate even for my enormous appetite and the variety of flavours made every mouthful an adventure. Lack of dessert was a bit disappointing but our Japanese friend, with whom we were dining, did mention that they did not really go in for desserts, so that was fine. All in all, we will most definitely be going back again (or will order food for delivery). Having been pre-warned, we took enough cash to pay but the restaurant now has a card payment machine, so that will make it far easier for diners.

Visited July 2013

“Very nice change”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Never eaten Japanese food be for but as a new restaurant in Ramsgate thought we would give it a try.Very very nice as i'm not a etxpert on Japanese food all I can say is the food was very fresh tasting and very fast to the table, a new experience and a very nice one hope this place gets enough business to make it a lasting edition to Ramsgate

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kent, England, United Kingdom
“A great selection of excellent Japanese food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was delighted to see this restaurant open up as it has brought some much needed variety to the cuisines available in Thanet.
I was even more delighted by the extensive menu offered.
Despite their being a slight language barrier which made ordering a little awkward, and us not getting any starters, we went for the Bento boxes for the main course which were reasonably priced and delicious. They comprise of 7 individual dishes which gives a nice variety.
The Sake seemed a little pricey but very nice. The price for a pint of Fosters was very reasonable though.
The décor inside is simple but a modern take on Japanese design, which makes for a very pleasant atmosphere, and would be great for any occasion, romantic, business or even a large group.
The staff were very friendly and courteous.
I will definitely be going back to try more or the dishes. A jewel on Ramsgate's High Street!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Defrosted food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Sorry. I tried to like it I really did.
I had a mixed sashimi £13. Parts of it were clearly defrosted. It had that cold wet taste to it. Really not liking the the plastic leaves amongst the fish.

My husband had the vegetarian Bento. The tempura was cold. And it came with crab sticks (Vegetarian ?).
It could be great, we need a great place to eat. And sadly this is not it.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“A welcome addition to ramsgate, a must visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

It is located next to Natwest, opposite Argos.
We went on a Tuesday night and there was only one other couple there.
The front of house/waitress was very welcoming and friendly. The decor is spot on clean, fresh and stylish.
Menu has a good selection to choose from (especially the sushi) and we were certainly not disappointed with our choices. if you like a bit of a kick to your food then they will bring you some chilli sauce to add to your dish but be warned it is extremely hot.
This place makes a great change from the normal Chinese and Thai food so definitely worth a visit.
One more thing, they currently only take cash but there is an ATM next door.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere